AAC SUPPRESSOR CLEANING ?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Guest762
Silent But Deadly

AAC SUPPRESSOR CLEANING ?

Post by Guest762 »

i have a m4-2000 and a cyclone. I understand that it's not necessary to keep them "clean". My question is if if I go ten years let's say and end up with a excessive amount of lead fowling can it be cleaned?
Also will using it on my .308 remove lead fowling?
If worst cam to worst could I have the guts changed out without having to apply for another stamp?
g22rmr
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC SUPPRESSOR CLEANING ?

Post by g22rmr »

I sure hope you don't try use a .308 with your M4-2000....

5.56 and .308 cans do not need to be cleaned if you are running full power ammo through them. I saw a cut away can with 148k rounds through it, it was perfectly clean.

I run alot of subsonic .300blk though my .308 can. Plan on shooting full power to clean it out and that's it.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Lead from coated cast is my main concern. That's why I was asking for a answer straight from the horses mouth so to speak.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

If the lead bullets are properly coated, you shouldn't have a leading issue. If they aren't properly coated and do cause leading, don't use them. If you decide to use poorly coated lead bullets and get leading in the suppressor, proceed to shoot a number of supersonic jacketed bullets through your gun and suppressor and that will clean out some of the lead build up.

And using your M4-2000 on a .308 will do more than remove some of the lead fowling (sic)....
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Wait what really? I can't shoot .308 through my .223 caliber suppressor? I was wondering why after the first few rounds nothing came out. That and it wouldn't screw on so I just hammered it on there. :lol:
I really was just posing the questions for the guys at AAC. I'm not quite convinced that even well coated bullets don't leave a small amount of lead that over time will build up. That's why I was asking if someone knew for sure if shooting high power bullets would clean out the lead and since they are the mfg I figured they have done more testing than anyone and could say for certain.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

Guest762 wrote:Wait what really? I can't shoot .308 through my .223 caliber suppressor? I was wondering why after the first few rounds nothing came out. That and it wouldn't screw on so I just hammered it on there. :lol:
Ok, but I can mix up my M4-2000 and my 7.62-SDN-6 as they both use the 51T attachment system so I am very careful as to which one ends up on which rifle.
Guest762 wrote:I really was just posing the questions for the guys at AAC. I'm not quite convinced that even well coated bullets don't leave a small amount of lead that over time will build up. That's why I was asking if someone knew for sure if shooting high power bullets would clean out the lead and since they are the mfg I figured they have done more testing than anyone and could say for certain.
Although this isn't AAC, maybe this will be helpful:
http://www.shotgunnews.com/gear-accesso ... ppressors/?
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Thanks for the link
My cyclone is direct thread. But yes that would be bad if it ever happened.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Beuller. Beuller. AAC EMPLOYEE BEULLER. BEULLER...........
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

Guest762 wrote:Beuller. Beuller. AAC EMPLOYEE BEULLER. BEULLER...........
These guys are right. listen to them.

Shoot only high quality ammo and you have wont build anything up in it. Coated lead wont cause build up but read your warranty carefully because reloads are outside of the warranty.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

pvanwagner wrote:
Guest762 wrote:Beuller. Beuller. AAC EMPLOYEE BEULLER. BEULLER...........
These guys are right. listen to them.

Shoot only high quality ammo and you have wont build anything up in it. Coated lead wont cause build up but read your warranty carefully because reloads are outside of the warranty.
I completely understand what they are saying and do not disagree but those are not the answers to my specific questions and in those questions I'm not asking if it will be free I'm just asking for an answer.