AAC SUPPRESSOR CLEANING ?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC SUPPRESSOR CLEANING ?

Post by pvanwagner »

1. Shoot only high quality ammo and it would never need to be cleaned. Sealed cans should have only high quality factory ammo shot through then according to the instructions and warranty.

2. Yes shooting supersonic ammo blows the crud out.

3. No, we don't offer a recore service.

4. They did answer your questions and now so have I.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Let me rephrase my question: if I send in my suppressor and it has to be opened up will another tax stamp be required??
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

Guest762 wrote:Let me rephrase my question: if I send in my suppressor and it has to be opened up will another tax stamp be required??
No, but you can wait for Paul to respond with the official answer.
dead-bird
Silent But Deadly

Post by dead-bird »

Knowing how difficult carbon and lead fowling is to remove from .22 rimfire suppressor baffles. I would not, in any way, shoot anything other than jacketed, or heavily plated (Berry's, Xtreme & Rainier work well for me) bullets thru a sealed supressor. Powder coating may be OK, but as I don't, I can't comment.

If the supressor can be disassembled, do some preliminary testing to see how quickly lead deposites. Before switching to plated, I shot hundreds of cast thru an integrally suppressed .44 mag bolt gun and still shoot cast in the .500 whisper. Both are easily dissembled.

My Cyclone has never seen cast...
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

Guest762 wrote:Let me rephrase my question: if I send in my suppressor and it has to be opened up will another tax stamp be required??
I'm going to rephrase my answer:

If there is a warranty reason to open a silencer we have ways of doing that without destroying the tube and in this case you would receive your same silencer back without requiring any paperwork with the ATF, so no new tax would be payable.

Please let me repeat what I said above and what dead-bird said also:

1. If you shoot only jacketed high quality ammo you will never need to open it up to clean it.
2. The warranty specifically exempts reloaded ammunition.

Please let us know if you have any questions. The phone number is now ringing in Huntsville instead of Lawrenceville (same number) for your customer service needs/questions and Ethan, Nick, Justin and Noah are all happy to answer your questions.

Thanks.

Paul.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Ok so forget about the warranty. If I mess it all up and I want you to replace the baffles and whatever charge that is,can I reuse my tube and not have to get another stamp??

Edit your answer above and the one before keep saying "warranty reason". I'm not talking about a warranty I'm just asking a question. 600 bucks is on thing but a 7 month wait is a whole different story.
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

Guest762 wrote:Ok so forget about the warranty. If I mess it all up and I want you to replace the baffles and whatever charge that is,can I reuse my tube and not have to get another stamp??

Edit your answer above and the one before keep saying "warranty reason". I'm not talking about a warranty I'm just asking a question. 600 bucks is on thing but a 7 month wait is a whole different story.
Guest762,

"If there is a warranty reason to open a silencer we have ways of doing that without destroying the tube and in this case you would receive your same silencer back without requiring any paperwork with the ATF, so no new tax would be payable." - That says no new tax. Meaning no new tax stamp. Not sure why we're having a misunderstanding here.

The reason it says "warranty" is because AAC is one of the biggest manufacturers and does not take in side work or custom work. We're too busy making silencers to fill orders.

To answer your question: The ATF will allow any 07/02 to receive NFA items and do work on them (repair, custom, etc) without a new serial number as long as they don't try and replace the tube or significantly change the length of the silencer (minor variation is allowed for welding).

Not sure what the issue is with all of the answers I have given. If you question is "Can I send my silencer in and have AAC totally disassemble it and reassemble it with new baffles for a fee because I feel it needs to be cleaned?" then the answer is no. We don't do that. There's no need to do that, just as was stated multiple times above by multiple people on this forum.

To your specific question directly above this post - Yes they can be repaired without a new tax stamp now days as stated in my last post. In the past a lot of times they couldn't be if they were spot welded or due to construction if they couldn't be taken apart, but most modern M4-2000, 762-SDN-6, SR5, SR7, etc can be taken apart and repaired if needed.

If you have a specific concern about your silencer, please call the customer service line and the guys would be happy to help you out with your concern.

I'm going to consider this question answered multiple times, turn off notifications for this thread, and go back to work. I hope you have a great day and I hope you love AAC products as much as I do.

Thanks.

Paul.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

I wasn't trying to be difficult,it was just the word warranty that kept popping in there that I wanted clarification on. The last post answered the question I was asking.
Thank You
gsyoung54

Post by gsyoung54 »

Shooting "quality" or clean ammunition in 300Blk is does not come close to insuring a cleaner suppressor, especially if you shoot subs with a suppressor.... which after all is what the whole thing was designed to do. Add to that the fact that most of us want to shoot 300Blk through short barrels, SBR's, PDW's and you have physics and chemistry at work that make the 300Blk as dirty or dirtier to shoot than even .22 ammo... I have a firearms business with both an FFL and a SOT Class 3 licenses. I sell custom suppressed units primarily to law enforcement and other public safety members. I personally own and shoot four 300 Blackouts including a full auto, a Fostech (the best) slide fire type, a standard SBR and a Rock River 18" barreled A1 series. All of the guns get totally filthy inside the receiver from unburnt powder and back-blast mixing with even the slightest amount of lubricant and with take apart cans you can see the filth... you can see it in sealed cans if you wash them out however the manufacturer advises. I personally own about 24 modern suppressors and about seven from the older AWC days. I suppose shooting full power supersonic ammo rapidly through your can will heat up and blast some of the carbon away but it does nothing to clean the filth in your upper and lower receivers.... I don't mind... I enjoy cleaning my guns and suppressors. Something like the Liberty Mystic X is a breeze to clean and works great on either my MP5 9mm or my Blackouts... rated for full auto in 300 sub and regular semi shooting in 300 super. I prefer baffle stack suppressors to monocores for a number of reasons but Liberty cans are an exception to that rule.