Stubby form 1 build

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Slightly stoopid

Stubby form 1 build

Post by Slightly stoopid »

Been hiding in the background for a while so this is my first post. Just got my stamp for my form 1 suppressor. I have a 4" tube, muzzle brake, qd, cap, chamber and cones from STD. My plan is 2" blast chamber, which puts the first cones base 1/4" from tip of brake. Then 3 evenly spaced cones. My question is clipping. Clip first and second? Just the 2nd one? I read about POI shifts and not a whole lot of guys making stubbies. Or at least not putting the info out there. First build so any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
pj-schmidt
Silent Operator

Re: Stubby form 1 build

Post by pj-schmidt »

Generally, not clipping the first baffle reduces POI shift at the expense of increased sound. Given how few baffles you have, you might consider clipping it if you want a bit more sound reduction and just live with the shift.
Slightly stoopid

Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely considering it or even clipping all 3 baffles. I came across the idea of slapping a 4th in the end cap. I could make a channel for a clip in the end cap to hold the baffle in with. That would mean zero exit chamber but I could clip the 2nd and 3rd baffles that way. Idk if the reward would be worth the work.
pj-schmidt
Silent Operator

Post by pj-schmidt »

On my F1 build, I placed a baffle in the end cap.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewt ... 0&t=136387

I clipped all of the baffles since it is directly attached and I never shoot my SBR without it.
Slightly stoopid

:lol: Your who gave me the idea. I read that thread a couple days ago.