Specific Suppressor for 300 Blackout?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Specific Suppressor for 300 Blackout?

Post by rlandry6 »

Is there a difference between suppressors made for 300 BlkOut and any other suppressor(not sub-sonic and jacketed bullets, not cast)
If so, what are they.
I just got a YHM Resonator that is good for .30 caliber down to .22, so I'm just wondering.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Re: Specific Suppressor for 300 Blackout?

Post by BJK »

Well there are cans that are only designed to remove blast and most civilians wouldn't consider them for use. But they have other characteristics that make them attractive. One is the AMTAC CQB. It's not ear safe for sound, but it makes it ear safe from blast when used indoors. If you hate your eardrums shoot your 300BLK indoors w/o hearing protection to see what I mean. So you need to know what you're buying. BTW, the CQBs positive attributes? It's an over the barrel can so it's quite short adding a minimum of length to the firearm.

Some cans are specifically only for 300BLK subsonic. The Dead Air Ghost-M is one of those. Maybe it's now rated for supersonic 300BLK but I don't know if that's the case. One must do ones research before buying.

Question for you though regarding your YHM Resonator. Does YHM state that it's good down to .22? Or do they only state that it is good for smaller calibers? Will it also handle .17 centerfire is where I'm going with that.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

It just says .30 to .22. They offer a separate line for 5.56/223, and a separate one for rimfire.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

My idea of a Blackout specific suppressor would be one that you can disassemble and clean, with a high pressure tolerance for short barrels. These are more cast friendly.

Gemtech makes one that is 7” and other than first round pop, works very well. I think liberty also makes one.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
FreedomSeeds

Post by FreedomSeeds »

I own a Sig Rattler pistol with the Sig 338 TI/QD silencer and it is very quiet and with subsonic ammo requires no hearing protection.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

I should have offered more info in my OP.
All of my shooting will be super-sonic, through a rifle length barrel. I do not own a short barrel firearm and have zero desire to do so.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

You are sacrificing a lot by limiting yourself to supers only. I reload, have both supers and subs. A suppressor does nothing for the supersonic crack of the bullet going supersonic. A suppressor does nothing for the clang of the action closing on an AR. Frankly, if I were not going to shoot sub-sonic, with an adjustable gas block, or better yet a bolt gun, I would not spend the money on a can.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

I would. Taking away the muzzle blast is significant.

I have a Liberty Chaotic. That was the only “designed for 300 BLK” can I know of. It takes the muzzle blast off well. It does fine for subsonics also. It was quieter with 300 BLK Supers than my old Brevis, which is another short n fat can that was designed for .308.
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.
silverhawk500

Post by silverhawk500 »

Ben B. wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:00 pm I would. Taking away the muzzle blast is significant.

I have a Liberty Chaotic. That was the only “designed for 300 BLK” can I know of. It takes the muzzle blast off well. It does fine for subsonics also. It was quieter with 300 BLK Supers than my old Brevis, which is another short n fat can that was designed for .308.
I have a few Chaotic's that I use for demos and they work very well for being such a short can. They work well on AR pistols, and AR's. They are great for subsonics indoors, there minimum length make them great for moving around corners in a building. I have also ran them Full auto for short bursts with 10" & 16" barrels without problems. I do not recall if Liberty rates them for full auto, or the new Chaotic Ti. If I was going to shoot Supersonic all day I go to the Liberty Freedom or Lane Scorpion TTT, they are longer, do not heat up as fast, and are a slight bit quieter with Supers. I have sold many Chaotics and everyone has been happy. Be Safe,
Batman24

Post by Batman24 »

I just got my YHM resonator and it's bad ass for 300 blk. Supers are hearing safe