6 inch 300 black out keyholing

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

MCM11

6 inch 300 black out keyholing

Post by MCM11 »

Hello I have seen a few other posts on this issue but not much resolution. I have keyholing issues with my 6 inch 300 bo suppressed with 3 types of subsonic ammo. I used an alignment rod to check and it looks perfect. I switched the suppressor to an 8.3 inch from the same mfg and it does not keyhole. This is the second barrel I have tried thinking the barrel was the issue. Anyone else been through this?

Thanks
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: 6 inch 300 black out keyholing

Post by dellet »

What
Twist rate,
Bullet,
velocity
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
MCM11

Post by MCM11 »

Its the BA 1 in 7 twist 6 inch 300 bo barrel. I've shot s and b 200 gr, remington 220 grain and 190 gr sub x hand loaded that is 1100 fps out of the 8.3 inch barrel. Not sure about the other speeds due to not owning a chrono myself. Since this is my second one of these barrels I'm back to the suppressor. I haven't shot it without the suppressor due to having semi close neighbors but did use it on the 8.3 inch with round holes. Thanks
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

take a test shot without the suppressor.

i'm not suggesting dumping a whole mag.. but a shot or three shouldnt make a difference. at least then you'll know

are you using a QD system for the can or direct thread?
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.