Accuracy problems with suppressor

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Buckhunterhite

Accuracy problems with suppressor

Post by Buckhunterhite »

I got my silencerco saker 762 about 2 weeks ago. First can so no past experience. Got it for my boys to hunt with. While waiting on stamp baught a radical blackout 16" upper to run on my dpms 5.56 lower. Shoots subs and supersonic great "a couple different brands shoot sub 1inch groups at 100yards". Put suppressor on and turns into 10" groups at 50 yards. Ive tried ammo from 208 gr sub to 260gr sub 5 or 6 different brands, And 2 different brands of supersonic. So I put it on my anderson 7.62x39 same thing with 124 gr hollow point. Called radical asked about the blackout I I baught of theirs. Was told I should run a h1 buffer. The guys at the shop I got the suppressor from said I need adjustable gas block.

I'm definitely not an ar guy been a gun guy my whole life. The ar's ar fin to shoot and I thought this would be a great way to get my 2 younger boys on deer without the recoil and need for hearing protection but I'm very frustrated as we now have 3 days left in Indiana gun season. So what should i do to get it running for coyotes, summer plinking and next deer season.

Thanks!!!!
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: Accuracy problems with suppressor

Post by bangbangping »

Most likely the suppressor is either loose or misaligned. If you're sure the mount is tight, get an alignment rod to check alignment. Radical isn't exactly top shelf...wouldn't be a shock if you needed a new barrel.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Not sure why either company would think it's a gas issue, that should have nearly nothing to do with it.

Have you inspected the suppressor thoroughly? Being as it's doing the same thing on both guns the likely hood of both barrels/muzzle devices being misalign, while not impossible, is very improbable. I'd check real good for a possible baffle strike then like bang recommended an alignment rod would be a very helpful tool.
Buckhunterhite

Post by Buckhunterhite »

I checked, and so did the gun shop. No baffle strikes form what either of us can see.
eowen37

Post by eowen37 »

If you are using the silencerco asr mount system make sure you seat the can against the muzzle device hand tight before engaging the locking ring.
spinal tap
Silent Operator

Post by spinal tap »

I don't have experience with it, but I would consider one of these...

https://www.capitolarmory.com/plan-b-by ... imera.html

And FWIW, I agree this is very unlikely any kind of gas issue and probably more likely lockup, hence the Plan B. However, I wonder if you're using a light barrel profile and firing groups too quickly, perhaps opening up the group. I also like the MagnetoSpeed RifleKuhl for zeroing suppressed rifles.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/magnetospe ... ooler.html
B y r o n

Post by B y r o n »

You mention accuracy issue but didn't post group size change. Is it really an accuracy issue or is it a point of impact shift?
der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

It doesn't take much of a baffle strike to deflect a bullet. I know this from experience.
Even the slightest contact of bullet to 'something in the suppressor' can cause quite a deflection. Moving the bullet a few inches at 50 yards is pretty minor compared to what's possible. I'd go back and look again at alignment and reexamine the possibility of strikes.
"A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject." — John R. Lott
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

B y r o n wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:07 pm You mention accuracy issue but didn't post group size change. Is it really an accuracy issue or is it a point of impact shift?
Yes, answer this question please.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

My ARs came with a rubber "O" ring for the flash hider. I had to take it off when using a can. It is really easy to get a crushed "O" ring and have an alignment issue. As mentioned, it doesn't take much to get an alignment issue.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.