ATF/NFA stops processing Forms

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rangertrace

ATF/NFA stops processing Forms

Post by rangertrace »

I was talking with some of my PD co-workers today and they mentioned that the ATF sent out a notice that they quit processing NFA paperwork for a few months prior to the election. I hadn't heard that and if it was posted on here I missed.

Any truth to this?
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Re: ATF/NFA stops processing Forms

Post by DoubleJ »

Hadn't heard that, ST would probably have more info, those guys are super good at knowing NFA stuff.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Many people have received approvals in the last few months and have posted here and on other boards. Based on that, I would say they have not stopped for any period of time. From what I have seen they are working 7 days a week on submitted forms.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

maybe they have been warned that Trump is going to repeal the NFA and they don't want to do any unnecessary paperwork. :roll: I can dream can't i? :mrgreen:
peace through superior firepower
g22rmr
Silent But Deadly

Post by g22rmr »

Sounds like some pre election conspiracy theories still making their rounds....
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

Probably another case of total bullshit that was originally based in truth that got passed around too many times. The story I heard earlier this year, which seems to track with what I saw watching NFATracker and other sites, is that prior to 41F going into effect, ATF prioritized getting Form 3 applications processed prior to the deadline, and re-allocated their resources accordingly. Which, if true, was pretty decent of them, although it did suck if you had your shit together ahead of time and already had your Form 1&4 applications filed, because it did indeed seem like they had stopped processing those for a while. But they shifted back well before the election, and as near as I can tell from watching the same sites, they've never let up on working through the backlog.
madmax
Silent Operator

Post by madmax »

Not true! It is total BS that they stopped. My LGS/pusher has heard no such thing, but did say they have sent out instructions for how to potentially handle the HPA, and also the new 4473. I have had 2 Fm1s (eFile) and a Fm4 (Paper/trust) clear in the last couple of months; they are working 7 days a week processing forms. The Branch Chief e-mailed me after I asked a valid question (no, it was not "are you still processing forms?" or "when is my can going to be approved?") at 9:30 this past Sunday, and then responded to my response. They are good folks, and are working their butts off doing a thankless job. I bet that they, more than anyone, are rooting for the HPA to pass.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

People wonder why I rarely frequent local gun shops. This is why. I don't know what it is about a large portion of local gun shops that have determined that they have to either a spread every rumor they've ever heard of. Makeup junk to spread. Or prove their complete and total ignorance by espousing things that don't even remotely reflect reality.

Here where I'm at there are several gun shops. And they all do okay for the most part. However on more than one occasion at every single one of them I've either been in there myself and heard or had told to me directly by the person behind the counter a line of complete and total baloney that is really surpassed.

The best one of the group, was really pretty practical about a lot of things. Unless of course I brought up the 300 Blackout. Then he was an ignorant twit with an inability to see reality
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

It is my understanding that election is already over. I mean I know for a fact that I already voted.
To hell with the recount BS the independent cry baby is pulling. Trump got the electoral 270, he won. That is the way the system is set up, so suck it up. If she didn't want Trump to win, she should not have ran which would have given the B!tch a better chance.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
Kadonny
Silent Operator

Post by Kadonny »

Total BS, my 2 cans were approved on November 3rd and 4th, that was right before the election.
NRA Life Member
Jeep Fanatic
YHM Sidewinder
Liberty Leonidas
AAC SR-5