Cart Before the Horse?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Cart Before the Horse?

Post by plant.one »

individuals do not submit 4473's. thats a form for sale from a dealer to an individual.

michigan's pistol sales record is form RI-60. This is also the same form used when registering a stripped lower that was 4473'ed as an "other" as a pistol.

regardless how you feel about the registration requirements for pistols, michigan firearm laws are what they are and until it changes we have to deal with it.

since you don't own the lower yet - you said you're going to purchase it on the 3rd - call the dealer you're going to buy it from and ask them how it transfers .... weather they transfer it as rifle, pistol, or other on the 4473.

this may save a lot of "what if" speculation and then folks can help guide you better going forward - including if/when you talk to james.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

plant.one wrote: since you don't own the lower yet - you said you're going to purchase it on the 3rd - call the dealer you're going to buy it from and ask them how it transfers .... wheather they transfer it as rifle, pistol, or other on the 4473.
They better transfer it as "other" because they have no idea or control over how you will build it.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

plant.one wrote:individuals do not submit 4473's. thats a form for sale from a dealer to an individual.

michigan's pistol sales record is form RI-60. This is also the same form used when registering a stripped lower that was 4473'ed as an "other" as a pistol.

regardless how you feel about the registration requirements for pistols, michigan firearm laws are what they are and until it changes we have to deal with it.

since you don't own the lower yet - you said you're going to purchase it on the 3rd - call the dealer you're going to buy it from and ask them how it transfers .... weather they transfer it as rifle, pistol, or other on the 4473.

this may save a lot of "what if" speculation and then folks can help guide you better going forward - including if/when you talk to james.
\I know I dont submit a 4473, but I have to fill it out, and Im trying to do it correctly. Since I havent gotten it yet, I definitely wanted to find out this week. I emailed James, and hope that he returns it.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

smustian wrote:
plant.one wrote: since you don't own the lower yet - you said you're going to purchase it on the 3rd - call the dealer you're going to buy it from and ask them how it transfers .... wheather they transfer it as rifle, pistol, or other on the 4473.
They better transfer it as "other" because they have no idea or control over how you will build it.
This is what I will do. I did not know that "other" was an option, until this thread.

I am so thankful for the information, and the patience that you all have had with me.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

smustian wrote:
Now that they know you want to SBR it, they may make you do a Form 3
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

golfindia wrote: Now that they know you want to SBR it, they may make you do a Form 3
No. You have to submit a Form 1 and $200 and be approved, then you can SBR your build.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

smustian wrote:
golfindia wrote: Now that they know you want to SBR it, they may make you do a Form 3
No. You have to submit a Form 1 and $200 and be approved, then you can SBR your build.
The form three will be between the sending and receiving dealers for the SBR/NFA stripped lower. The only way around that would be to do a form 1 and add a form 2 which makes it the equivalent of a form 3 and it will still be < form 4. Then he can fill out the 4473 without the RI-60 in triplicate.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

....between state and federal requirements it can become....DAYUM!!! :shock: :cry:

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

its almost as confusing as understanding IKEA assembly instructions

:mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

This is the result of fighting from the ballot box.
NFA Not F**king American