ATF 5320.20

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

steven11b
Silent But Deadly

ATF 5320.20

Post by steven11b »

I have used this form before, however I returned back home with the items. In block 2 it asks if firearms will be returned to original location and that is self explanatory. In block 3 it asks for dates(from and to) and I will be making a permanent move from Texas to Arizona, do I leave return date blank if the items will not be returned?
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Re: ATF 5320.20

Post by Sithlord »

Put the effective start date, then nothing for the end date (as it is permanent).

The form 20 is so ridiculous....
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

Sithlord wrote:Put the effective start date, then nothing for the end date (as it is permanent).

The form 20 is so ridiculous....
Ya, thats kind of what common sense would say. I will just leave return date blank.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
reynfam3

Post by reynfam3 »

I guess by the date you posted you have already submitted it. I got a call from West Virginia today and was told I had to resubmit mine because I left it blank. I was told it had to be filled in with PERMANENT.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I was told that I had to fill out the forms for any move, even within the same zip code, which I did a couple of years ago.

The return date is left blank.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

John A. wrote:I was told that I had to fill out the forms for any move, even within the same zip code, which I did a couple of years ago.

The return date is left blank.
Now that's just asinine. Not saying you're wrong; I have a trust, which is located in a county. By rights, I could move anywhere in that county and the document is legal without change. And the NFA items are all assigned to that trust.

The 'address' on the Form 1, Form 4, and Form 20, are of one of potentially multiple 'trustees', and NOT the address of the TRUST, to which the items are assigned.

Having to submit a Form 20 for moving within the same zip code just sounds stupid...

Just my humble opinion.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I agree. But I have a stack of 5320's in my safe to show for it.

FWIW, all of my paperwork is filed as Individual. NFA branch told me they wanted a physical address to where they are located at all times. (And that is almost a word for word quote).
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

John A. wrote:I agree. But I have a stack of 5320's in my safe to show for it.

FWIW, all of my paperwork is filed as Individual. NFA branch told me they wanted a physical address to where they are located at all times. (And that is almost a word for word quote).

Of course they want to know where they are just like cops want your papers with every encounter to know who you are.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk