Form1 submssion...stuck on payment page

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ncgoober

Form1 submssion...stuck on payment page

Post by ncgoober »

Submitted a Form1 SBR successfully in Dec2015

Submitting another one a week ago but the pop-up that comes up to enter credit card info is blank.
Been that way for me for a week+
Cleared cookies, reboots, tried in other browsers (same blank pop-up), have no ad-blocker, anybody have hints?

JurassicJarhead

Re: Form1 submssion...stuck on payment page

Post by JurassicJarhead »

I had to use Chrome to get through the website. If Chrome was one of the other browsers, never mind.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

I was able to submit payment Saturday evening using Firefox on Linux. There were no issues although it took it a few moments to actually bring up the dialog box (a minute maybe).

If you're using IE, try putting it into 'compatibility mode'....

Good luck!
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i used chrome and the process went smoothly for me from start to finish.

i did end up stuck at the most difficult part - waiting on my stamp!
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

ncgoober wrote:Submitted a Form1 SBR successfully in Dec2015

Submitting another one a week ago but the pop-up that comes up to enter credit card info is blank.
Been that way for me for a week+
Cleared cookies, reboots, tried in other browsers (same blank pop-up), have no ad-blocker, anybody have hints?

Submitted Form 1 last night and got then same screen. Use the "close" button and then hit "pay" button again. Worked for me using Firefox.
ncgoober

Post by ncgoober »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

My primary browser is Chrome and the ATF was throwing NullPointer errors at me in the past and was a no-go.
I've been using FF for doing all previous submits and what I was using FF for this bad page problem.

Went back to try chrome with Adblock paused from the browser window and got null pointer warnings again and no login.
Then I went into Chrome settings and did a hard disable on Adblock
Was then able to login and successfully complete and enter form. Yeah!

Final conclusions..... The website quality is exactly what I would expect from a government operation.
madmax
Silent Operator

Post by madmax »

Identical issue for me today with Chrome (which has worked for several submissions in the past--might be the newest AdBlock is the problem), but switched to Edge (IE 11 not supported) and it worked fine.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

IMO paper forms are the way to go from now until 41F goes into effect, because a paper form can be corrected if ATF finds an error on it. An e-form cannot, and you have to start over and submit a new form. Given the current average wait time, any e-form submitted today will be either approved or rejected after the July 13 deadline. So if you have to submit a new form, it's a safe bet they will make you comply with the 41F requirements.

This is why I mailed off a set of paper forms for an SBR today rather than e-filing it like I have done with my previous Form 1 stuff. I'd rather suck up the month or so of additional wait, in order to have a form that can be corrected in case I made an error.
Bronko1975

Post by Bronko1975 »

I always have the same issue. I complete the form and upload my trust documents then hit save. I finish the payment step on my cellphone and it works every time. I did my last 4 form 1's this way