ATF E-Forms -- Working For You?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: ATF E-Forms -- Working For You?

Post by smustian »

Same for me plant. My trust was prepared by a trust lawyer in my state. Trust is 13 pages with 4 schedule pages (total 17).
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ya i'm actually at 15 pages including the schedule a & b.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BrushyHillGuide

Post by BrushyHillGuide »

Dang, ours is 36 pages including all the signed pages for each of the 6 trust members. The main body of the trust is like 24 pages. Ours was done by TexasGunTrust.com - Sean Cody - who's well known for his NFA trust work. I

Instead of trying to "shrink" the trust PDF file, we simply split it up into 3 parts, which put each part below the 3mb limit. Some of these 'shrinking apps' may be putting out files that the eFile system doesn't like. We just did yet another Form 1 the other day (since my last post on here) and it went through flawlessly. My suggestion is that folks, who are having issues, simply re-scan their trusts into multiple parts - name them something like, "Part 1 of 3, Part 2 of 3 and Part 3 of 3" - to keep the sizes below the 3mb limit. It also helps to set your scanner around 100dpi; but even at 150dpi you're only going to have to split it into a few (3-4) parts, at most.

There are other ways to divide a PDF file into parts but, if you don't already know how to do it, you will probably find it easier just to re-scan the durn thing manually into the different parts.