ATF E-Forms -- Working For You?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: ATF E-Forms -- Working For You?

Post by smustian »

Submitted a Form 1 tonight. System slow at times but it worked. Excellent user guide for the process is here.

http://sdtacticalarms.boards.net/thread/334/file
BrushyHillGuide

Post by BrushyHillGuide »

I completed one on December 1 (just received that approval today) and I did another one Feb. 17 - no problems with either one. However, the upload is excruciatingly slow. I've helped some other folks that couldn't get there's uploaded and each time it was the PDF file they were trying to upload. They changed the files they were uploading and it went through. One guy even loaded his ONE page at a time! LOL! Mine has too many pages to do that. I know you said you uploaded it before but I would try re-scanning your trust and uploading it; making SURE that you're below those file sizes. Possible your file has somehow become corrupted and the system doesn't like the file. There's no doubt that the system is functioning; so there HAS to be something wrong with your trust file that's causing you problems.

Good luck, I know it can be frustrating!
Worn
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Worn »

BrushyHillGuide wrote:I completed one on December 1 (just received that approval today) and I did another one Feb. 17 - no problems with either one. However, the upload is excruciatingly slow.
The fact that I have third-world quality Internet may be a factor but I tried numerous times when my Internet was at its best.
I've helped some other folks that couldn't get there's uploaded and each time it was the PDF file they were trying to upload. They changed the files they were uploading and it went through. One guy even loaded his ONE page at a time! LOL! Mine has too many pages to do that. I know you said you uploaded it before but I would try re-scanning your trust and uploading it; making SURE that you're below those file sizes.
I previously used a PDF optimizer on line to get mine below the 3 MB limit (it reduced to .75 MB)
Possible your file has somehow become corrupted and the system doesn't like the file. There's no doubt that the system is functioning; so there HAS to be something wrong with your trust file that's causing you problems.
Just in case something has become corrupted with it, I bought my own app to reduce PDF size. I'll use that the next time I submit a form. Meanwhile, I gave up and sent it via snail mail.
My sites:
Constitutionality.us
TakeBackThePower.us
LawsOfGovernment.us
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

smustian wrote:Submitted a Form 1 tonight. System slow at times but it worked. Excellent user guide for the process is here.

http://sdtacticalarms.boards.net/thread/334/file
Looks like that requires registration at that forum to view.

I found the following to be helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbguDB7YzrU
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

when i scanned my trust from paper to PDF i did so at 150 DPI. that got me in under the upload limit easily for a 15 page document. and its more than enough to give a accurate, readable digital document.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

plant.one wrote:when i scanned my trust from paper to PDF i did so at 150 DPI. that got me in under the upload limit easily for a 15 page document. and its more than enough to give a accurate, readable digital document.
My version of Adobe (free version) will not let me merge single pages into a complete document. I ended up taking the 17 page trust document to "The UPS Store" and had them notorize it ($5) then scan the whole thing into a PDF ($3) and email it to me. Quick, easy and cheaper that buying upgraded software. PDF copy comes in at about 1 mb. Not sure of the dpi but prints out a very readable copy.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ya i have an all-in one (scan-print-copy-fax) type printer at home, and it will scan from paper right to PDF onto a USB thumb drive. Thats where i selected the 150dpi option. Im used to messing with it because i have to e-mail completed work orders and invoices in for some of the subcontract work i do.

i dont think there are any free PDF programs that i know of that will let you merge documents - other than trial versions anyway, which expire in a few days of course.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
AccurateOkie

Post by AccurateOkie »

I just finished doing one. I had to download Chrome so I could make a profile and log in, Internet Explorer doesn't work, then save my trust as a reduced size PDF in Adobe to bring it under 1MB and voila! No problems what so ever. I am going to do another one in a couple of weeks so we will see if it goes any different.
Worn
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Worn »

smustian wrote:
plant.one wrote:when i scanned my trust from paper to PDF i did so at 150 DPI. that got me in under the upload limit easily for a 15 page document. and its more than enough to give a accurate, readable digital document.
My version of Adobe (free version) will not let me merge single pages into a complete document. I ended up taking the 17 page trust document to "The UPS Store" and had them notorize it ($5) then scan the whole thing into a PDF ($3) and email it to me. Quick, easy and cheaper that buying upgraded software. PDF copy comes in at about 1 mb. Not sure of the dpi but prints out a very readable copy.
15 pages? 17 pages? Geez. Mine is 64 pages and that's just the essential parts, or so my lawyer who drew up the trust tells me.

These 15-17 page documents.. Who prepared them? Are these some on-line trust?
My sites:
Constitutionality.us
TakeBackThePower.us
LawsOfGovernment.us
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

mine was prepared by a lawyer, locally.