ATF E-Forms -- Working For You?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Worn
Senior Silent Operator

ATF E-Forms -- Working For You?

Post by Worn »

I've been trying since December to file a Form 1 on ATF's e-forms site so I can SBR a new rifle. I have used the e-form site successfully for a form 1 once before. Now, each time I get to the part where I upload my trust document, it goes through the motions but the upload does not succeed. No error message but after a delay it just goes back to the point where I'm supposed to select a doc to upload.

After a few days of this (hoping they'd fix the site), I tried three different browsers on two different computers.

If e-forms working for anyone else? I've tried three different browsers (all recommended by the e-forms site) on two computers and they all do the same.

I'm wondering if, due to the new rule on trusts that goes into effect in a few months, they've disabled the e-forms site when trusts are involved.

How do I contact them to see what's wrong?
My sites:
Constitutionality.us
TakeBackThePower.us
LawsOfGovernment.us
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Re: ATF E-Forms -- Working For You?

Post by Sithlord »

Make sure that what you're uploading is less than 3MB. You can upload 10 documents, each 3MB in size.

41F is not in effect yet.

As far as who to call, that would be the NFA branch:

National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405

Voice: (304) 616-4500
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i submitted my Form 1 back in early january (just before 41F hit the register) using chrome and had no problems. I have had issues logging in after that though - the site appears to be just loaded down with traffic, at the times i've logged in "just to check".

[edit] as of right now the site is giving the following error message
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

I just logged in with no issues, other than pretty slow and unresponsive....

In other words.. Seems to be working 'normally'.
Worn
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Worn »

Sithlord wrote:Make sure that what you're uploading is less than 3MB. You can upload 10 documents, each 3MB in size.
It's less than 1 MB and it's the same file I uploaded the last time.
41F is not in effect yet.
Yes, I indicated that.
As far as who to call, that would be the NFA branch:

National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405

Voice: (304) 616-4500
Thanks for the phone number. I'll try it tomorrow as it is still misbehaving today.
My sites:
Constitutionality.us
TakeBackThePower.us
LawsOfGovernment.us
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

Worn wrote:I've been trying since December to file a Form 1 on ATF's e-forms site so I can SBR a new rifle. I have used the e-form site successfully for a form 1 once before. Now, each time I get to the part where I upload my trust document, it goes through the motions but the upload does not succeed. No error message but after a delay it just goes back to the point where I'm supposed to select a doc to upload.
I had that happen repeatedly with one of mine last April. I tried again the next day, and it worked fine.
Worn
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Worn »

Netpackrat wrote:
Worn wrote:I've been trying since December to file a Form 1 on ATF's e-forms site so I can SBR a new rifle. I have used the e-form site successfully for a form 1 once before. Now, each time I get to the part where I upload my trust document, it goes through the motions but the upload does not succeed. No error message but after a delay it just goes back to the point where I'm supposed to select a doc to upload.
I had that happen repeatedly with one of mine last April. I tried again the next day, and it worked fine.
I've tried a couple of times per week since December. Still no luck.

So I called today and was told to use email. So I emailed. Now I'll wait for the boilerplate response that tells me that the support person didn't bother to read my email, and which will detail the browser requirements and file size limits, all of which I explained in my email. IOW, I may as well print out the PDF and snail mail it in.
My sites:
Constitutionality.us
TakeBackThePower.us
LawsOfGovernment.us
skeetdoc

Post by skeetdoc »

I was able to e-file a form one in January.
Worn
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Worn »

Worn wrote:
Worn wrote:

So I called today and was told to use email. So I emailed. Now I'll wait for the boilerplate response that tells me that the support person didn't bother to read my email, and which will detail the browser requirements and file size limits, all of which I explained in my email. IOW, I may as well print out the PDF and snail mail it in.
Given that I cannot even log into my account today, I'm going the snail mail route for my Form 1. .

Question: The form has check boxes for "Individual" and "corporation or other business entity". Which of these do I use for a Trust? A trust does not seem to fit either.
My sites:
Constitutionality.us
TakeBackThePower.us
LawsOfGovernment.us
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

Worn wrote:
Worn wrote:
Worn wrote:

Given that I cannot even log into my account today, I'm going the snail mail route for my Form 1. .

Question: The form has check boxes for "Individual" and "corporation or other business entity". Which of these do I use for a Trust? A trust does not seem to fit either.
Check the middle box, Corporate or Other Business Entity.