Form 1 status?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

armydan

Form 1 status?

Post by armydan »

New guy with some questions about the whole form 1 process. 14 months after starting it, I finally dropped the paperwork to SBR my 8 inch blackout back in December. The status on e forms has always been submitted/in progress. I have heard of another status - research pending, which seems to be a common occurance. Can someone explain the usual process and what to look for when checking on the progress on a submission? Or throw up a link to the info? It would be greatly appreciated. Oh, it was submitted as a trust and at about 2 am on a wednesday if it matters.

Thanks,
Dan
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter accusations.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 1 status?

Post by hardcase »

I submitted one on 1-16-16 by e-file. I messed up a couple spots. I got an e-mail from ATF a couple days ago asking for clarifications. After sending them in today I got a submitted/in progress e-mail late today.
armydan

Post by armydan »

Did the box on the left say pending research or was it blank? Thanks for the help.
elCapitan
Silent Operator

Post by elCapitan »

Mine stayed as "submitted/in progress" all the way until approval, about a month ago.
armydan

Post by armydan »

Thanks. Would it be fair to say that pending research would indicate an error on the form?
elCapitan
Silent Operator

Post by elCapitan »

Not sure, but I wouldn't imagine so. I certainly don't claim to know their process, but it may just mean they need clarification on something, so they'll email you, or they need time to dig deeper into the trust docs, to make sure the provisions of the trust are appropriate, etc. Or they started looking at your form at 5:52pm and clocked out at 6:00? I dunno, but they'll let you know, for sure.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

elCapitan wrote:Mine stayed as "submitted/in progress" all the way until approval, about a month ago.
The last two I did said the same thing from the day I submitted it until the day they were approved.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

TMD wrote:
elCapitan wrote:Mine stayed as "submitted/in progress" all the way until approval, about a month ago.
The last two I did said the same thing from the day I submitted it until the day they were approved.
Same here on the 3 I did last year.
armydan

Post by armydan »

Thanks for the replies. So sstatus should go Submitted/In process to Pending (approx. 30 days to go) to Approve? Of course this does not take into account any disapprovals or resubmissions. Does this jive with your experiences?
Thanks.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

armydan wrote:Thanks for the replies. So sstatus should go Submitted/In process to Pending (approx. 30 days to go) to Approve? Of course this does not take into account any disapprovals or resubmissions. Does this jive with your experiences?
Thanks.
Like myself and others have said, if submitted correctly it will only show Submitted/In Process from the day you did it until its approved. If you did it last month and that's what its currently showing you can check daily for the next 3 or so months if you don't believe us. I take that back, you cant check on Wednesdays because that's the day their shut down for site maintenance.