300BLK factory SBR options???

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ponzer04
Silent Operator

Daniel Defense has no 300blk sbr

Post by ponzer04 »

Daniel Defense doesn't have a 300blk SBR. You could get the pistol and Form 1 it, but that isn't what this customer wants. The DD ISR is not an SBR at 31.5" overall length and technically barrel over 16". Positive would be that it is a one stamp gun and that guy didn't say he wanted a Silencer.

my selection is in fact an SBR. The Spikes Tactical Compressor has way more features than the DD and actually comes with sights. You could easily make up for the extra stamp buying sights or any of the other extras that come with the Spikes SBR. This SBR comes with a lifetime factory warranty unlike something you build yourself and is rated for full auto fire so firing semi you should never need the warranty.

Negative: would be that it is a 2 stamp gun and we weren't told that the guy wanted the silencer.

This gun was the obvious choice not to long ago when it was $200 cheaper than the Daniel Defense after all stamps were factored into the price.

p.s. here is another option i have no Idea how good/bad this thing is http://www.houstonarmory.com/index.php/ ... l-sbr.html
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300BLK factory SBR options???

Post by rjacobs »

He is getting a can as well, but wants nothing to do with an integrally suppressed gun so the ISR and the Compressor are out(not that I would EVER recommend Spikes to this guy).

He's going with either a Rugged Surge 762 or a Dead Air Sandman-S.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

rjacobs wrote:He is getting a can as well, but wants nothing to do with an integrally suppressed gun so the ISR and the Compressor are out(not that I would EVER recommend Spikes to this guy).

He's going with either a Rugged Surge 762 or a Dead Air Sandman-S.
The Spikes isn't integrally suppressed. and why wouldn't you recommend Spikes to him?
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

ponzer04 wrote:
The Spikes isn't integrally suppressed. and why wouldn't you recommend Spikes to him?
Not integral?

This is from spikes website:
The ST Compressor is the first factory produced SBR with an integrated sound suppressor that requires no maintenance.

Sounds integral to me. Although then they go on to say its a 2 stamp gun.

Spikes is not, nor ever will be, in the same league as the guns he is interested in. They also lose me when talking about "Class 3 SBR" and "Class 3 sound suppressor". Class 3 DOESNT EXIST. There is Title I(non NFA) and Title II(NFA) and Type 3 SOT's(those who can deal in NFA items), but there is no such thing as "class 3" contrary to what everybody thinks.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
RockyRiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by RockyRiver »

Yet, when someone says "Class 3 " whatever ...you know what they are talking about.

Its kind of like when people start blathering on about "suppressors" I know they are talking about silencers. :lol:
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

rjacobs wrote:
ponzer04 wrote:
Not integral?

The ST Compressor is the first factory produced SBR with an integrated sound suppressor that requires no maintenance.

Spikes is not, nor ever will be, in the same league as the guns he is interested in. They also lose me when talking about "Class 3 SBR" and "Class 3 sound suppressor". Class 3 DOESNT EXIST. There is Title I(non NFA) and Title II(NFA) and Type 3 SOT's(those who can deal in NFA items), but there is no such thing as "class 3" contrary to what everybody thinks.
Integral and Integrated are two different words. The Compressor Is sold with a silencer that is made to be run with the gun as a functioning pair. You can take the silencer off. Out of your list from the first post Noveske is the only company that may make an SBR that might be above the Spikes (my opinion). I can't say anything for spikes other rifles but, the Compressor is in a league of its' own when you talk about Suppressed SBR's. It is a feature rich tank. The only negative could be that the Silencer isn't the best out there and you void your warranty if you cut off the muzzle device to be able to put a better one on it, but if you want just around hearing safe and the ability to beat a brick wall with your muzzle this is the gun for your guy.

I considered Noveske, Barrett, Daniel Defense, Wilson Combat, Larue Tactical, LWRC, ect... None of these companies had anything close to the Compressor that is why I went with it. If you got a better one don't be afraid to tell me why I chose poorly.

Back to my Questions: What companies are above Spikes in the Silenced SBR market? I'm not really satisfied with your use of the words "Same League" I would appreciate some elaboration what drops Spikes or elevates other companies to you?
What League is he looking in?
Weren't you trying to talk him into building one? What could you build that is better than my suggestion? (serious question, not in an asshole form which I know it could come across as, I'm curious)

If your barrel is under 16" with a permanently attached (integral) silencer you would still have a 2 stamp gun, you can only avoid a stamp if it isn't an SBR. So even if the Spikes Compressor was integrally suppressed you would have a 2 stamp gun because the Overall Length of the barrel is under 16".
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Compressor Mother Trucker

Post by ponzer04 »

Spikes Tactical Compressor is NOT integrally suppressed.

At 26.5 inches with the silencer attached give a better combo. You can get it down to 25.75 inches with the magpul butpad taken off of the CTR stock.
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

rjacobs wrote:

It is SOT (class 3), not Type 3

ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

rjacobs wrote:
ponzer04 wrote:
Not integral?

Thoughts? What did your customer go with? What options did you show him?
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

??? :mrgreen: