ATF Form 4 wait Times

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Re: ATF Form 4 wait Times

Post by 2manyToys »

Nic56 wrote:Silencerco Harvester 30 cal:

Form 4 received by ATF 7/21/2016

The dealer emailed me yesterday and said he had my approved Form 4 back. (7/14/2017)

Picked it up today. So, just shy of a year.

Raining all day and I will try it later, but I did take a quick celebratory glamour photo.

A thing of beauty. Congrats!
Nic56
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nic56 »

2manyToys wrote:A thing of beauty. Congrats!
Thanks. Unfortunately, between work, weather and other issues, I have not had time to use it yet. Hopefully, the weather will be nice this weekend, and I can shoot then.
300BLK AR-15 with 10.5" Noveske barrel (1:7 pistol length gas)

300BLK 16" AAC Handi Rifle (1:7 twist)

300BLK 16" AR-15 with 16" PSA FN barrel upper (1:8 pistol length gas)
Zooligan

Post by Zooligan »

I'm really turned off on the idea of getting a second can right now. The wait times for what is essentially a gun muffler are just insulting. If I try to get another suppressor right now I will essentially get it come almost 2019 potentially. It really kinda gets me angry.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

Zooligan wrote:I'm really turned off on the idea of getting a second can right now. The wait times for what is essentially a gun muffler are just insulting. If I try to get another suppressor right now I will essentially get it come almost 2019 potentially. It really kinda gets me angry.
Wait time will almost certainly go down in the next couple of months.

Regardless, there is never a shorter wait time than "RIGHT NOW". Send in paperwork now, and maybe you get it back in 6-8 months. Send it in 6 months from now, and you'll wait 3-6 months (guessing).

When I get my next Form 4 back, I'll write to my congress critters. 1 year is beyond excessive; they have a bill pending for 2 years that would alleviate that wait. "A right delayed is a right denied" - MLK Jr.
Zooligan

Post by Zooligan »

Sithlord wrote:
Zooligan wrote:I'm really turned off on the idea of getting a second can right now. The wait times for what is essentially a gun muffler are just insulting. If I try to get another suppressor right now I will essentially get it come almost 2019 potentially. It really kinda gets me angry.

Regardless, there is never a shorter wait time than "RIGHT NOW". Send in paperwork now, and maybe you get it back in 6-8 months. Send it in 6 months from now, and you'll wait 3-6 months (guessing).

When I get my next Form 4 back, I'll write to my congress critters. 1 year is beyond excessive; they have a bill pending for 2 years that would alleviate that wait. "A right delayed is a right denied" - MLK Jr.
Cant argue with you on it as I know it's true. Just frustrated of the hoops we have to jump through. Need to decide on which lower I want for the sbr.
Kadonny
Silent Operator

Post by Kadonny »

Sithlord wrote:

This is absolutely true and why I'm ordering my 5.56 can very soon. Wait time should be down considerably if filing now, the silencer industry is dead with the rumor of the HPA....which I personally wouldn't hold my breath for.
NRA Life Member
Jeep Fanatic
YHM Sidewinder
Liberty Leonidas
AAC SR-5
gavinjones2002

Post by gavinjones2002 »

Rugged Obsidian 45 suppressor:

Form 4 (individual) - check cashed by ATF 12/28/2016
Approved - 09/11/2017 (257 days)

Looking forward to getting my hands on it from the dealer this weekend!

Take care
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

Here's another data point:

Mailed Form 4 application (trust): 9-22-16
Checked cashed: 9-27-16
Still waiting.....zzzzzzz
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

2manyToys wrote:Here's another data point:

I was reading some comments on NFA tracker about trusts. Someone said they called and talked to someone at the BATFE who told them they were just now starting to work on Form 4 Trusts from Aug-Sep 2016. My March 2017 submission is depressing.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

Steve Urquell wrote:
2manyToys wrote:Here's another data point:

I was reading some comments on NFA tracker about trusts. Someone said they called and talked to someone at the BATFE who told them they were just now starting to work on Form 4 Trusts from Aug-Sep 2016. My March 2017 submission is depressing.
Well, if my datapoint is any indication...

Submitted a Form 4 in early August, 2016, on a trust. Received the stamp 370 days later. I would sincerely hope that they are beyond August at this point...