Adventures in E-Filing and why I now have a twitch

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Badfinger
Silent But Deadly

Adventures in E-Filing and why I now have a twitch

Post by Badfinger »

OMG, after going through this I can only imagine what Obama Care must be like. :shock: God this thing is frustrating! I spent most of the week just trying to get on the site and register; I tried 3AM, 10AM, 3PM, 8PM etc. The best I could do was once when I saw the page start to load first the buttons and then some blue before it froze. Well, finally on Friday night the whole page loaded and I was able to click the registration button and it just threw me off and went back to the start page. I quit!

Saturday morning I'm up around 3AM and got on again, GAME ON. This time when I got to where you enter your zip code I noticed the State pull down was empty, no states and that's as far as I got. I tried it again and again and it did it again at the same place. :oops: So I opened Chrome and went in using it and to my surprise I got through registration. This site does not like Explorer 9.

So while I'm on a roll Saturday morning I start a form 1 and now I'm sweating bullets expecting this thing to throw me again. It was agonizing trying to carefully enter data without screwing it up and racing the clock before the darn thing froze again. I ran to the safe to retrieve the data from my lower so i could enter it on the form. Just when I thought I had it I was uploading my trust and it said it was too large AwwwGod! :x Now I'm re-scanning all 26 or so pages’ praying the darn thing doesn’t drop me in the mean time. I scanned the whole thing over at lower res and loaded it...........THANK YOU JESUS it took it!

Well that was my first experience and just for grins I tried to get back on and haven't been able to get back this week-end. I'm going to need therapy before running the next form.

Good luck with yours.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: Adventures in E-Filing and why I now have a twitch

Post by tallburnedmidget »

They need some major help for sure. The eForm sites gets no where near as much traffic as the Obamacare site and the technologies used for the Obamacare site are mature standard open technologies for the most part. The technology used for the eForms site is a proprietary product played up that it is built off of standard open technologies but that is all just spin, it is very proprietary.

This means that the skill set and knowledge needed for building a good software solution with that propriety technology is very small. The skill set and knowledge needed to fix poor development and/or performance issues with that technology is even smaller.

Just simple facts of proprietary technology. Hopefully they can get their issues under control within 2-3 months.
samson7x
Senior Silent Operator

Post by samson7x »

My experience echoes yours. It took my a week to file a Form1. I tried all different times, different browsers, standing on one leg, etc. and it continued to crash and freeze up. I also had to rescan my trust into multiple files. I hope this thing becomes more efficient, but the wait times for efiling are become longer and longer now that more people are using it.
Piep
Silent But Deadly

Post by Piep »

I haven't tryed it yet and this is sooo incouraging I can hardly contain myself....
Well at least I will know it's not just me.
There's a time for compromise. It's called later.

Politically Correct;
A term used for Whiny, overly sensitive Pansies
who need everything Sugar- Coated for them.
tlee_20
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tlee_20 »

I filled one out yesterday morning. Scanned my damn trust 3 times. Split it up into several sections. Still too large. I was about to lose it when I figured out you can reduce the PDF size in Adobe. Thank god. It was accepted and payment was processed. Let's hope it works!
The Brass General
www.brassgeneral.com
www.facebook.com/thebrassgeneral
tazlik2fly
Silent But Deadly

Post by tazlik2fly »

Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?
rsebrin1

Post by rsebrin1 »

tazlik2fly wrote:http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/41544 ... FORMS.html

actually found this guide useful

That is what I used, And I got on the first try also after logging into the ATF website and my trust is only 6 pages and was able to load it first try still at submitted/in process. I guess I was lucky, but we'll see how that fairs in 3 to 4 months.
FirefighterCT
Silent But Deadly

Post by FirefighterCT »

Similar experience here with a Form 1 that I filed back in mid-December. What a cluster-f having to upload the trust in many little pieces.

I had hoped my F1 would have been approved by now (~90 days) but considering the holidays, their major technical issues and more user volume, I'm hoping for 120 days.

Figured I'd check the status again before making this post... you guessed it, can't make a connection to the server :x

"We apologize but we are currently experiencing server issues"
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

I did a fairly detailed write up of my experience a while back here viewtopic.php?f=152&t=86692

Check it out and comment if you have encountered different/other behavior or if my info is now inaccurate. Thanks :)
Aliya88

Post by Aliya88 »

Badfinger wrote: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:56 pm OMG, after going through this I can only imagine what Obama Care must be like. :shock: God this thing is frustrating! I spent most of the week just trying to get on the site and register; I tried 3AM, 10AM, 3PM, 8PM etc. The best I could do was once when I saw the page start to load first the buttons and then some blue before it froze. Well, finally on Friday night the whole page loaded and I was able to click the registration button and it just threw me off and went back to the start page. I quit!

Saturday morning I'm up around 3AM and got on again, GAME ON. This time when I got to where you enter your zip code I noticed the State pull down was empty, no states and that's as far as I got. I tried it again and again and it did it again at the same place. :oops: So I opened Chrome and went in using it and to my surprise I got through registration. This site does not like Explorer 9.

So while I'm on a roll Saturday morning I start a form 1 and now I'm sweating bullets expecting this thing to throw me again. It was agonizing trying to carefully enter data without screwing it up and racing the clock before the darn thing froze again. I ran to the safe to retrieve the data from my lower so i could enter it on the form. Just when I thought I had it I was uploading my trust and it said it was too large AwwwGod! :x Now I'm re-scanning all 26 or so pages’ praying the darn thing doesn’t drop me in the mean time. I scanned the whole thing over at lower res and loaded it...........THANK YOU JESUS it took it!

Well that was my first experience and just for grins I tried to get back on and haven't been able to get back this week-end. I'm going to need therapy before running the next form.

Good luck with yours.
Hi guys
Navigating complex government websites can be frustrating and time-consuming.
thank yougb whatsapp