Can I Add A Buddy ?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BulletFactory
Silent Operator

Can I Add A Buddy ?

Post by BulletFactory »

Can I add a friend of mine to my trust so he is allowed to borrow a can or babysit my sbr? If so, how is this done?
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Can I Add A Buddy ?

Post by smustian »

You can add his name to Schedule A (?) or whichever it is with your trust.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

Yes. I am no expert on the legalities but before Trump the previous administration said they were closing a loophole. Now your buddy needs to submit fingerprint cards to ATF to get put on your Trust. Legislation was called "41F".
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

hardcase wrote:Yes. I am no expert on the legalities but before Trump the previous administration said they were closing a loophole. Now your buddy needs to submit fingerprint cards to ATF to get put on your Trust. Legislation was called "41F".
You sure about that? Once added, photo and fingerprint cards would only be required for the purchase of a new stamp but I do not think it applies to any item already on the trust.
cdakers
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cdakers »

hardcase wrote:Yes. I am no expert on the legalities but before Trump the previous administration said they were closing a loophole. Now your buddy needs to submit fingerprint cards to ATF to get put on your Trust. Legislation was called "41F".
Not true. You can add as many as you want to the trust at any time. If you submit a new form they would be required to submit photo/prints. The loophole still exists if you know how to work it.
BulletFactory
Silent Operator

Post by BulletFactory »

Dose he gain any legal rights apart from legal posession?
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

BulletFactory wrote:Dose he gain any legal rights apart from legal posession?
Same legal rights as you so he can sell items.

I am not sure but he might be able to remove you from the trust as well.

I was told by my attorney that anyone who is s trustee can do the same things I can including selling items out of the trust as well as add or remove trustees.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
BulletFactory
Silent Operator

Post by BulletFactory »

Wow. Ok thanks. He will just have to get his own trust set up if he wants to buy a can.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

that will depend on your trust language.

in my trust only trustee's can add and dispose of trust property (buy and sell) as well as possess.

beneficiary's are only allowed to be in posession of trust property.

i can add beneficiary's who are not trustee's, but all trustee's in my trust are also beneficiary's.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

cdakers wrote:
Not true. You can add as many as you want to the trust at any time. If you submit a new form they would be required to submit photo/prints. The loophole still exists if you know how to work it.
Opps,my mistake. I have not bought any cans or SBRs since 41F.

Correct me if I am wrong. Those on my trust are good to go until such time as I add another NFA item to that trust. I as head trustee I can remove beneficiaries and add beneficiaries. Adding a new NFA item to that trust means the whole lot has to do prints and photos.

Why couldn't I just get a new trust with only me on it or have multiple trusts? Reasons are for estate purposes, not trying to usurp the intent of the law.

If Las Vegas had not happened, an Hiliary would have learned about can or at least kept her mouth shut, suppressors most likely could be bought and sold without all the hassles.