Form 1 Approved...kinda?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 1 Approved...kinda?

Post by Netpackrat »

Same thing happened to me with the first couple I got back. Follow Billj's instructions and they will fix it.
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

BillJ wrote:FYI Ted no longer helps people.

They will fix it and send you a new form without the draft on it. Common mistake by them.
Last time took 2 days for the new one to be sent to me.
I did thst last week and didn't get a response.

I called the ATF this morning and was told to send an email to [email protected], so I did that.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

This happened to me. Contact the experts using the link and you will get a correct version inside of 48 hours. Mines came in about two hours later.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

Yay! I received my corrected Form 1 without the DRAFT watermark. It's official.

By the way, the E-filed Form 1 took longer than the paper one submitted via snail mail. Both were submitted at the same time
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

2manyToys wrote:Yay! I received my corrected Form 1 without the DRAFT watermark. It's official.

By the way, the E-filed Form 1 took longer than the paper one submitted via snail mail. Both were submitted at the same time
For the record I believe the NFA is unlawful and demonizes the tool rather than hold the PERSON accountable. I believe everyone should be able to own anything they want providing they are not violent. Get away from using a felony conviction as a as the litmus test for restricting someone's rights and, instead, use a person's propensity for violence. Way too many "felonies" should not be felonies at all and every year that lists grows. And that way you regulate the person, not the tool.

But anyways, there is no way a hand delivered application should take less time than an electronic one. In this day and age that should not happen. Electronic approvals should be instantaneous after your initial NFA item with a background check. Everyone who filed electronically has an account that holds all your approved, drafts and submitted items. And it is the information tied to that account that gets approved. Once an application has been approved once it should be a simple rubber stamp process without the need of another examiner to physically interact with the account. Or put a time frame stating you must complete another background check every two years if making a purchase. Or better yet, tie it to the records when you buy a regular firearm. It isn't like the people who are contacting the ATF approval are trying to break the law. They should be rubber stamped because if something does happen you will have the best documented case in criminal history. It really is getting old as I sit here wondering if this one will break the year mark.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
BillJ
Silent Operator

Post by BillJ »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote: But anyways, there is no way a hand delivered application should take less time than an electronic one.
That would be true if the forms were processed by "number" and date received.
As it is now, that is not the case.
They are processed in batches, and assigned randomly to the examiner. So #123 might go to employee X who already has 500 in their inbox. While #142 might go to employee Z who only has 200 in the box.

If you follow NFA tracker, you will see big batches at a time from a specific examiner then not see them for a while as they are working on their next batch. Just luck of the draw. Ive mailed 4 forms on the same day and got them months apart.
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

It'll be interesting to see how long it will take for the form I submitted in late September, after the big rush.
renegade
Senior Silent Operator

Post by renegade »

2manyToys wrote:
jgillaspy wrote:Nope, that is all you get. The whole e-forms thing was to cut down on paperwork. I've got 2 x Form1 e-filings and 1 x Form4 e-filing and all I ever received was the PDF files.

JG
Were they watermarked with DRAFT?

DRAFT is not uncommon. Consider it a collectors item.