Payment Hangup. What Now?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Re: Payment Hangup. What Now?

Post by Netpackrat »

The credit card company's excuse is almost too stupid to be made up. As they say, fiction at least has to make sense, but real life has no such constraint. Guy I work with recently waited months for his car loan to be approved, because his credit was too good of all things. Pays all his bills in full and on time, and has a super high credit score. Apparently that is far enough out of the norm that his application had to go through many additional layers of scrutiny. He was told that if he'd had the occasional late payment, etc. that he'd have been approved the day he walked in the door.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

I think the credit card company did you a favor. If your financial situation is such that you have to use prepaid cards, perhaps spending $200 for permission to build a toy isn't the best use of the money. Just a thought.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

Its not a toy, it's part of the second amendment.

The reason I dont have a bank account, is because the two I had were at a credit union where I had opened up my trust account for this SBR. I had been using that account almost exclusively to buy gun parts for this build, and another when they closed the account without notice. I had been late on the other card because of a payment dispute, so they closed the trust account without telling me, or attempting to contact me to make other arrangements. This was also a VISA. That mistake cost them over 3,000 dollars. I'm guessing, that they didnt like having a gun trust, on which account, there was a long list of purchases from places like midwayusa, opticsplanet, and the like.

Im just waiting for the ATF to call so we can discuss whether to draw off my other account at the other bank, or if I will just send them a money order.

As soon as my stamp comes in, I can get the rest of the orders complete, and build this thing. This is just one more delay along the way of a long term goal.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

Just got off the phone with the NFA branch. They said there was nothing that they could do, they will be returning my form 1 packet, and I will have to resubmit the application.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

I got a money order. I should be able to send out my application for infringement forms on Wed or Thursday, they should get them Friday or Saturday.
NFA Not F**king American

golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

This thread reminds me of when I used to wait tables in college.

There was this one old couple that came in the restaurant at least once a week, and every time they were there, all they did was complain to the manager about how bad everything was and they would never come back. They even insisted on brining in their own coffee in a thermos, because the restaurant coffee was horrible!

They repeated this practice for more than a year......
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

The ATF will get then new Form 1 and money order on Friday. I decided not to wait till they sent it back.
NFA Not F**king American