Payment Hangup. What Now?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Payment Hangup. What Now?

Post by ProdigalSun »

Ok, I have a 123 Rewards Visa, Debit card that I used to file my Form 1. The ATF tried to get the 200$ from it, my balance was 215$ so there should have been no issue.

I called card services to see why they denied the payment. They said that the ATF had to enter my address into the system perfectly, or the transaction would not go through. I asked how the ATF entered it, and her response was as follows. 1234 MAIN STREET ANYTOWN MICHIGAN... in all caps. The card services said that the information had to be entered as follows. 1234 MAIN ST. ANYTOWN Michigan with "street" as ST> and Michigan, as a capital "M" folowed by all lower case lettering.

So, the ATF did not get paid.

I asked the lady on the phone, "How the F*** was the ATF supposed to know that"? And then I told her that this level of stupidity would not be tolerated, and that this would be the last time I used the account. I then drove to the store, and took the 215$ off the card, and left the card in their trash can.

So my question is. What do I do now with the ATF? Can I call them on Monday morning, and make other payment arrangements, or will they just return the Form 1 as denied, and I would then have to re-file?

Thanks.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Payment Hangup. What Now?

Post by dellet »

Just sit tight, the ATF financial office will contact you and you can give them the correct card information.

Well, maybe not since you no longer have the card. :lol:

Be sure to keep us posted about your progress, the entertainment value of watching a jackass create his own problems out of thin air is priceless.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

dellet wrote:Be sure to keep us posted about your progress, the entertainment value of watching a jackass create his own problems out of thin air is priceless.

:lol: :lol:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

I have more than one card you know. If they want me to, I can put the cash on that one, or simply go get a money order and send it to them.

As far as the 123 Visa, it was closed in about 3 2 1.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

Double Tap
NFA Not F**king American

g22rmr
Silent But Deadly

Post by g22rmr »

The company is deliberately trying to make it impossible to get money off the card. Typical scam from scummy credit card companies.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

Well, my business with them has met its end. There is 68 cents on the card, and when they try to get the 3$ service fee on the 18th, it will close the account. Dont spend it all in one place, they arent getting any more.
NFA Not F**king American

r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

:shock: :shock: not sure if it's hard luck you keep running into or......
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

r.tenorio671 wrote::shock: :shock: not sure if it's hard luck you keep running into or......
It does seem that the problems all focus in a single direction. From banking choices to official paperwork, there must be a conspiracy of some type since this is the very first time I have ever heard of credit card company denying payment because the address was not input with the correct capital/lower case format.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

I really wouldnt make this up.
NFA Not F**king American