Cheap Nosler ammunition.

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Re: Cheap Nosler ammunition.

Post by hunter2 »

BlogSarge wrote:
hunter2 wrote:Just a word of caution. Mine is being shipped FED-EX NO SHOW and has to be signed for. In my area the service just flat out stinks. This was a good deal but I probably will not ever see them. ( Do not show up the day or time scheduled, say nobody was at home when I am standing in the drive way when they go by, stop at wrong address, and the last time was on a Sunday afternoon and I stopped him in the middle of the road.)

Mine is being shipped with adult signature needed also, which makes things difficult to say the least. I didn't see that noted when I ordered or I'd have changed something or not ordered.

Still, a good price and it'll get sorted out in the end. I'll probably just tell them that Ill drive in and pick it up from the faciity.
They held it and I had to go 35 miles to the hub. Needed a reason to go to Cabelas! Got back home and ordered some 174 gr ammo from Lehigh for my buddy. Guess how it is being shipped... :shock: Oh well! Good ammo is worth the trouble. :P
paberglund

Post by paberglund »

Bought 400 rounds - first 10 I fired failed to feed every other round in my AR-15. They're too short to feed reliably. Sigh...
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

I got out yesterday and sent some downrange. At 50yds I was cutting groups of 1 to 1.25 inches. Gun is zeroed for the Barnes 110gr factory blacktip and I got same POI with these. I screwed the SDN-6 on and grouped the same size, just a few inches lower.

I was shooting out of a 16" Wilson medium weight barrel with 1:7 twist and carbine gas and Geissele SSA-E trigger. Sight is a 1-4 Millett Designated Marksman Scope.

No problems feeding like paberglund had thankfully.
paberglund

Post by paberglund »

I was using Gen 3 10-rnd PMags - what were you using?
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

paberglund wrote:I was using Gen 3 10-rnd PMags - what were you using?
Most shots were from a Lancer 20 rd mag with a few from mil-spec aluminum 20 rounders.

What AR have you got?
paberglund

Post by paberglund »

It's an AAC 9" upper with an AAC 762-SD silencer, lower it a Blackheart International BHI-15
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

paberglund wrote:It's an AAC 9" upper with an AAC 762-SD silencer, lower it a Blackheart International BHI-15

Wish I had some ideas to help. Best I can suggest is to try different brand mags and maybe a different lower to trouble shoot. I can't imagine it would be short stroking with supersonic loads.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

paberglund wrote:I was using Gen 3 10-rnd PMags - what were you using?
Gen 3 P-Mags are notoriously bad for 300BLK.
Nic56
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nic56 »

When I saw this thread, I ordered 5 boxes, plus some 52 grain 5.56 bullets and the 190 grain .30 cal overruns. Good prices on all. I don't think I had heard of them until I saw this thread. I was not happy hearing that it was shipped FedEx with a signature required. But, it is scheduled to be here tomorrow (Saturday) and I have no plans to go anywhere, so maybe it will work out for me.

This will be the first factory ammo I have tried. I have no expectation of group performance. I am pleased that the brass alone from other merchants is almost the price of their loaded ammo.
Last edited by Nic56 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
300BLK AR-15 with 10.5" Noveske barrel (1:7 pistol length gas)

300BLK 16" AAC Handi Rifle (1:7 twist)

300BLK 16" AR-15 with 16" PSA FN barrel upper (1:8 pistol length gas)
jonny1775
Silent Operator

Post by jonny1775 »

i put 60 rounds thru two different ars today. they all functioned without a problem. accuracy was sporadic. one group was 1 1/2" and a flyer out to 5". groups were all over the place. the did all feed.