Gunn Ammo 300 Blackout in Sub and Supersonice/Custom Loads

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GunnAmmo
Silent Operator

Re: Gunn Ammo??

Post by GunnAmmo »

v188 wrote:So I've read thru this and several other threads and I'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper to buy ammo directly from Gunn via a discount for this forum, or whether get it from Aim Surplus?

Looks like Aim is cheaper, but Gunn mentions in some threads here about a discount. what is the actual story?
AIM is one of master distributors,we offer great pricing direct but they are typically a bit better. If you call us you can talk directly to our staff to learn more on our work. Possibly even make a recommendation to help us with AAC's fantastic cartridge.
Regards,
Gunn Ammo
GunnAmmo
Silent Operator

Re: Gunn Ammo 300 Blackout in Sub and Supersonice/Custom Loa

Post by GunnAmmo »

morris wrote:I'm all set thanks guys

What a great setup !
Thank you.
Gunn Ammo
GunnAmmo
Silent Operator

Post by GunnAmmo »

We are producing more 220 grain sub for our customers this week. We are also working on another round for your personal defense and a heavier Hog Thumper. Call Danny if have any recommendations.
Regards,
Gunn Ammo
WhoDat
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhoDat »

GunnAmmo wrote:We are producing more 220 grain sub for our customers this week. We are also working on another round for your personal defense and a heavier Hog Thumper. Call Danny if have any recommendations.
Regards,
You wouldn't happen to know how much powder is being used and the fps from your 130gr rounds? Seems like a good selling point.
GunnAmmo
Silent Operator

Post by GunnAmmo »

WhoDat wrote:
GunnAmmo wrote:We are producing more 220 grain sub for our customers this week. We are also working on another round for your personal defense and a heavier Hog Thumper. Call Danny if have any recommendations.
Regards,
You wouldn't happen to know how much powder is being used and the fps from your 130gr rounds? Seems like a good selling point.
WhoDat, you can reach Danny today for technical data, I wil see what data I can get for your also.
Gunn Ammo
WhoDat
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhoDat »

GunnAmmo wrote:
WhoDat wrote:
Regards,
WhoDat, you can reach Danny today for technical data, I wil see what data I can get for your also.
Thank you very much for posting! I anticipate your findings as do many others!
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

GunnAmmo wrote:
morris wrote:I'm all set thanks guys

What a great setup !
Thank you.

I noticed your Osprey has the tube bowing out from the piston assy.. I had never really looked at it before, but after shooting some 240 gr Subs from my 44 spl I noticed that the "tube" is not flush with the piston assy housing.

I FREAKED OUT.. was my load to hot??? It;s only 4.2 gr American select from a 8" barrel it has less MP then my 45 ACP loads. I also shot some 200 gr 5.2 gr loads and (I use for Cowboy action) and thought maybe they hurt it.

Anyone have this and maybe it was like this all along and I never really noticed it.

BUT it looks like the tube is starting to "round" (which over pressure would absolutely do)

I shoot all my BLK out of my Mystic supers and subs w/o any problems. Was just starting to worry.. I really LOVE it on my T/C

Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
GunnAmmo
Silent Operator

Post by GunnAmmo »

We are producing both Subsonic SBR 220grain and a 220grain for subsonic use in 16" barrels.
Gunn Ammo
morris
Silent But Deadly

Post by morris »

john I am not sure what area you are talking about, if you mean where the barrel goes into the suppressor, the only part of the suppressor that is showing is silver in color, the rounded part is actually part of the barrel. I havent seen anything that is "bowed" out.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

morris wrote:john I am not sure what area you are talking about, if you mean where the barrel goes into the suppressor, the only part of the suppressor that is showing is silver in color, the rounded part is actually part of the barrel. I havent seen anything that is "bowed" out.
Look at the wing tip... then go about .2" twards the booster assembly (the registered part) .. See the seam line. It should be flush not .02" off the plane of the side of the booster. Run you finger from the booster to the tube and you will feel where the tube is starting to bow SLIGHTLY. Mine USED to be flush.. now is out .02" I fear the constant hammering of the expanding gasses will continue to move the tubing farther.

A Cylinder would resist this .. You can see it in my picture as well at the one on the Micro7 Maybe a full power round by accident?

The MOST I have put through mine was 5.5 gr of American select in a 44 Mag case out of a 9" barrel.. But that should be about the same as a 45 ACP or less. So I don;t get it. Maybe those HOT Wolf 45 auto rounds I had (FLAT FLAT cratered primers) did mine? Of just the round count?

But it has me concerned. Or I am not remembering correctly and it was this way from the get go .. but when I measure the "Flat" where the eagle logo is it is not FLAT anymore but has a curve in it now.

Which is what AAC has been saying all along. A cylinder is better at resisting pressure.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!