Best gun safes

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

CarminePounD

Best gun safes

Post by CarminePounD »

Hey there,

I would like to get your opinions because I want to buy a gun safe for my guns and I can't decide which one to buy.
I was googling around and I came across a page where they recommend gun safes and describes the safe's pros and cons.
But I would like to hear a personal opinion from an owner, can you guys help me?

Thank you
Br549

Re: Best gun safes

Post by Br549 »

A friend of mine had his garage/shed burn down on April 7th. He had two safes a large Southern Safe and a smaller Liberty Safe.

The liberty safe was next to the 4 wheelers and gas cans. It was ruined but the inside the guns were safe from the fire.

The Southern Safe with a higher fire rating ruined most of the guns. And was one the side of building that was not as hot.

Liberty was contacted and sent him $1700.00 to replace the safe.

Southern Safe has not replied yet.

Owner was very impressed with Liberty, and said that’s what he will buy.

Personally I own a sentry safe and have not had any problems.
exexex

Post by exexex »

Take a look at Hornady's snapsafe and Rapid Safe lines: https://www.snapsafe.com/
https://www.hornadysecurity.com/rapid-safes/

Not cheap, but I have a few of them and they all work great. I like electronic locks for quick access and ability to change codes (on some) but also like having a mechanical way to get into a safe should EMP or something weird happen to electronic lock. As far a s I know all the new snapsafes come with some kind of key to open if electronic goes bad. Even the new Titan modular safes now have a mechanical key to unlock in case electronic fails.

The Titan modular safes are really handy in that they come in pieces, so are really easy to transport anywhere rather than have to haul a fully constructed safe. You could even build inside of a closet if you want to conceal it, even if the fully built safe would not fit through the door. Not as easy to build as building on floor close to where you want it, but can be done.

I really like the Rapid Safe line of safes, mostly handgun, but starting to show up on some larger safes. On most you have 3 ways to get in: key, electronic combination, and RFID wrist bands, key fobs, and sticky RFID pads you can stick to phone or anything else.
300aacFro

Post by 300aacFro »

Carmine,

What is your purpose for the safe? Lotta simple questions to think about. Big/small? Budget? Toughest part was finding one I liked local to avoid shopping costs.

I went looking in the last 2 months for something around 300-400 that would basically keep the kids from ever having the opportunity. Didn't want a cabinet with a lol, but also didn't have a fortune. Found 500 was a nice price for quality range. Something with a little fire rating and big enough someone won't walk out the door with it. Doesn't mean someone can't put an axe through it or it will survive a five alarm fire, but without an extra 2-3k sitting around, it works.

-Fro