New Build. Need help

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Mroja1016

New Build. Need help

Post by Mroja1016 »

Looking to build a 300 blkout. Need help kinda making some decisions. I want to build a super short ar15 pistol. I just have the lower I still don’t know what the upper is going to be.
Lower: aero M4E1
Brace: Maxim Defense scw brace.
Lower parts kit: bcm parts kit.

I need help deciding what barrel length. I’ve seen v7 has a 6.5. Ballistics Advantage has a 6” barrel that is in modern outfitters mc6. The gun is going to be mainly suppressed. I want to shoot suppers and subs out of it.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: New Build. Need help

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Mroja1016 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:29 am Looking to build a 300 blkout. Need help kinda making some decisions. I want to build a super short ar15 pistol. I just have the lower I still don’t know what the upper is going to be.
Lower: aero M4E1
Brace: Maxim Defense scw brace.
Lower parts kit: bcm parts kit.

I need help deciding what barrel length. I’ve seen v7 has a 6.5. Ballistics Advantage has a 6” barrel that is in modern outfitters mc6. The gun is going to be mainly suppressed. I want to shoot suppers and subs out of it.
Hi there and welcome!

Are you building a pistol configuration or a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR)?

I ask because you can't legally put a stock on this rifle unless you submit NFA paperwork for an SBR, have that approved (few month process) and then get the lower receiver engraved. If you get caught with an unapproved SBR I believe you become an instant fellon and I think the treatment of the offense is fairly harsh.

If you have all of that covered well (if not ask questions) then next question is, What are you planning to use it for?
At 6-7 inch barrels your supers are quite limited for hunting distances and I would imagine you are limited to like 110-125yds and using only a couple of bullet options. A 10.5 inch barrel seems to be the sweet spot for being short yet giving supersonic hunting distances and bullet options that don't limit you so much.

If just punching paper then barrel size is no issue. Get your rig setup properly you should be able to do supers and subs suppressed with no issues.

I hope this info helps! :)