Open carry now legal

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Open carry now legal

Post by Guest762 »

in Arkansas When we had a democrat for a governor the attourney General for the state said that a new law they made did not make open carry legal(even though it says it word for word). Now two years later,with a different governor,it's legal now. I wouldn't open carry personally but it's good incase you expose your gun,then they can't pull your concealed carry permit for it.
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Re: Open carry now legal

Post by tXr »

Open carry is the only way that I can carry up here in NY.
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
ThreeHundredTraveler
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredTraveler »

All carry of any kind is legal in the United States. keep and BEAR arms shall NOT be INFRINGED

That is my law given to me by the founders.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

About to be legal in TX i hear as well...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

I'm not an 'open carry' kind of guy (well, except when I'm working, but then the whole uniform thing kind of gives it away anyway) but don't care if others want to do so. I figure it is nobody's business but mine if I carry a gun and if I need it, it will be a surprise to the bad guy.

Remember, these laws don't give us rights, they are merely an affirmation of rights we already have. Shame we need to pass laws to affirm rights, though.
stengun
Senior Silent Operator

Post by stengun »

Howdy Guest762,
Guest762 wrote:in Arkansas When we had a democrat for a governor the attourney General for the state said that a new law they made did not make open carry legal(even though it says it word for word). Now two years later,with a different governor,it's legal now. I wouldn't open carry personally but it's good incase you expose your gun,then they can't pull your concealed carry permit for it.
Here's a link from the State of Arkansas that shows the "new" law:

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/ ... Act746.pdf

If you will read it NO WHERE does it mention Open Carry.

I've read the Law 2 dozen times ( twice today ) and I just do not see where people are coming up with the idea that a person can Open Carry.

Here's a screenshot of the wording that the OC people are trying to claim that they can now legally OC. The changes in the Law are underlined and the edited items are crossed out.

The words "to attempt" and "unlawfully" where added to the exist law and for some unknown reason people think they can OC eventhough everywhere else in the Law it says they cannot.

What I think is funny/weird/strange/whatever is the number of people that I know and work with that do NOT have a CCW permit a some that don't even own a handgun are now saying they can finally OC.

We have had a CCW permit here in Arkansas for 20 years now and only about 1 in 100 men that I know have a permit and of a dozen or so that actually have a permit only actually carries his gun other than myself.

One of the men that I work with who doesn't have a CCW permit has stated that he is going to start OCing and asked if I was going to do the same. My response was:

"Until the State clearly states that it is legal to OC I will continue to CCW. All it would take is one buttheaded cop and County PA ( not all PAs have agreed with the AG's opinion " and you will spend $50,000.00 trying to prove that you can in fact legally OC. Since I'm not a fan of OC anyway, I'll wait for the State to make up it's mind."

That's just my $.02 and your mileage MAY vary.

Paul

P.S. Edited------- After reading the above section again I can see where an Anti-Gun PA could twist the wording "to attempt" as grounds to persecute a person who thought they were legally OCing.

The law says if you "attempt" to use your weapon then you're breaking the Law and an Anti-Gun PA ( Larry Jegley Pulaski Co. PA is very anti-gun. ) would say that the only reason for you to have a weapon is so you can use it against someone.

There's just too many other places in Arkansas' Laws that says you cannot OC for me to OC.
I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill & Hillary National Airport!!!
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Laws don't make things legal.

You don't need open carry to be mentioned to make it legal. Everything in this country is legal unless specifically made illegal.
stengun
Senior Silent Operator

Post by stengun »

Howdy,
300Blk wrote:Laws don't make things legal.

You don't need open carry to be mentioned to make it legal. Everything in this country is legal unless specifically made illegal.
Apparently you didn't bother to read Arkansas' current law. The last line reads: "Carrying a weapon is a Class A Misdemeanor." So this law makes it illegal to Open Carry or vehicle carry.

I've you have $50,000.00 laying around you can use it for legal fees to fight an Anti-Gun PA.

Eventhough the State AG has VERBALLY says it does, she hasn't put it in writing. When she finally puts it in writing then a person that wants to OC, I don't, can use her written opinion for there defense in court.

Even with the AG's written opinion an Anti-Gun judge can still find you guilty of carrying a weapon. He has that legal right to state the AG's opinion was/is wrong.

Welcome to the U.S.A.

Paul
I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill & Hillary National Airport!!!
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:About to be legal in TX i hear as well...
It's been signed. Won't take affect though, until Jan 1, 2016.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:About to be legal in TX i hear as well...
It's been signed. Won't take affect though, until Jan 1, 2016.
Congratulations, TEXAS! My reasons for moving south keep getting better!
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".