FEDEX is the worst

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ThreeHundredTraveler
Silent But Deadly

Re: FEDEX is the worst

Post by ThreeHundredTraveler »

In the last ten or more years I have never received a package shipped via FedEx that is not beat to crap. UPS is best and the second best is the Post Office.
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

VinnAY wrote:I'm absolutely certain that everyone of us puts in 100% on the job, every task, never short changes a customer or has a F up on the job.
I'm certainly not perfect, nor do I claim to be. Nor did anyone else in this thread. But the occasional screw up, and owning up to it is a far cry from the consistent terrible service I've received from UPS.
I had a UPS driver leave several hundred dollars worth of electronics under the bushes at the end of my driveway in the rain because he didn't want to drive down my long driveway.
When I called and complained he put the next package in a plactic bag. And then tied it in a tree branch near my driveway so high I had to stand in the bed of my 4x4 F150 to reach the BOTTOM of it to cut it down.
I got a "delivered" email on the next package but couldn't find it. After over an hour on the phone with UPS, they finally agreed to place a track on it, but still wouldn't contact the driver because they didn't want to disturb him. The track said it was delivered to the "back porch", but I didn't have a back porch. I contacted Land's End, who shipped the package and they looked up my order and sent me a replacement, at no charge and told me if the missing package shoes up to let them know and they would take care of return shipping. Quite the contrast to the lack of service I received from UPS. The lost package finally showed up, the driver had left it on my neighbors back porch. My neighbor on a different street from me. Who was out of town.
Since I called to complain, the next package had a hand written note from the driver, telling me he would never deliver to me again. When I spoke to his manager about that, he asked me why I was making such a big deal about it.

So this is far worse than giving less than 100%, or an occasional screw up on the job. This is going out of your way to screw your customer, and your company approves.

What can Brown do for me? Absolutely nothing, because I'll never use them. I even go so far to not order from a vendor because they only use UPS.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Fedex Ground is not great. Fedex Express is good.

Last Friday I ordered an AG-7 Space Pen from Amazon. They said it would come in two days, on Sunday. Awesome that we have Sunday delivery in our area through USPS.

I get a text from Amazon on my phone that the delivery failed and they will retry another day because "The package could not be left unattended."

That's funny - two cars were in my driveway and four people were home. I went to the post office on Monday and asked to speak to the Postmaster. Turns out that the driver got to my gate, saw that it was closed, and left. Um. The gate is always closed - every day. They always enter it to deliver mail. They have a key, and if not, that is what the call box is for. They told me that he was new and they would tell him that he has to attempt delivery.

Amazon gave me one month free Prime extension for the trouble.

This missing an Amazon date as happened five times in the last 12 months, but I tried to look up who the carrier was each time, and I could not find that info, so I am not sure it was always USPS. In any case, five free months of Prime is fair compensation for getting five packages a day late.
InMyHumbleOpinion
Silent But Deadly

Post by InMyHumbleOpinion »

g22rmr wrote:I tried shipping USPS priority from Florida to Chile, package went to CANADA instead. Canada rejected it and it went to California. Package is still moving right now, where its going is anyone's guess.
Ordered some projectiles from Montana Gold Bullet, I live in Missouri (MO) FedEx tried to deliver them to Montana (MN), got them a week late. Over all they all do ok by me.
LK065550421US
danner
Silent But Deadly

Post by danner »

FedEx sucks but the USPS is even worse. I don't know what the hell they're doing with my packages but they seem to land at a USPS hub and sit there for a week. Pay extra for priority mail and when it arrives in 2 weeks the post office just shrugs and says delivery speed is not guaranteed. Really? It takes 2 weeks to ship a valve cover gasket for my lawn mower that fits in a flat envelope from Indiana to Michigan via priority mail? I ordered a flat trigger for my custom 10/22 and unfortunately they only offer USPS. The thing has been sitting at the main hub in Michigan for a week and I am all too familiar with this message; The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available.
Last edited by danner on Fri May 15, 2015 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someone who is ruled by the "discretion" of another is, to that extent, a slave.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

No real probs with FedEx yet, UPS only prob is the stupid MAIL INNOVATION crap where it goes to the UPS hub here then gets transferred to Postal Service for delivery (always takes an extra 2 days)...main issues have been Post Office...package from Minnesota to where i live in Missouri somehow travels through Florida. Package from Illinois (which borders MO) doesn't update until Maryland, then Kentucky, then Chicago (remember, it STARTED in Illinois) then here...ridiculous...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

Hahahaha! After my UPS rant above, now I'm getting ads on here for UPS!
krank
Silent Operator

Post by krank »

The very worst is UPS/USP......That's where UPS takes package to Post Office for them to deliver.
I live 100 miles from Midway and it takes five days to get an order. Midway puts the savings on freight in their pocket and charges me the same as quick freight. I wrote them and complained and they said I should join the NRA to help the problem(I am a member already) My reply was "Seriously? That's your position?"
Brownells uses UPS/USP too but its half the price as Midway and they are further away.
Hunting ,fishing and trapping in Missouri
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Almost 90 sq. miles with about 3 USPS carriers at any one time. Ah, the joys of country livin' :twisted:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Cleatus

Post by Cleatus »

I recently shipped a boxed via USPS and it was only supposed to take 3-4 days. After going from Federal Way, WA to Memphis, TN 6 (yes, six) times, it finally got delivered to the recipient. 5-6 weeks, if I recall. I'll post the tracking number if I can find it, the tracking screen is just too stupid to believe.

I followed the tracking number and after the first few trips across the states, I went to the Post Office. She went to her computer and pulled up the same screen that I had just shown her on my phone. She then told me that she had no idea what was going on but would "check into it" and get back to me. After a couple more weeks without word (and another trip or two cross country), I went to a different Post Office and got the exact same response: she pulled up the same screen that I just showed her and told me that she'd "check into it".

Eventually went back to the originating Post Office and spoke with the same lady. I convinced her to call Federal Way, talk to a real person, and see if they could manually pull my package from the "infinite loop" (her verbiage) and get it back on course. This actually worked and the box eventually made it to it's destination, although the Taco Doritos didn't survive completely unscathed. :cry:

I've had issues with all carriers to some extent but that was by far the most vexing.