Forum upgrade notice:

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300Blk
Site Admin

Forum upgrade notice:

Post by 300Blk »

I am working to update the forum software. So if you come here and it is not working, I am aware of it and updating it.

I did a full backup last night, so if I mess up, I should be able to get it back.
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Forum upgrade notice:

Post by MMA10mm »

Thanks Robert! That is no small feat while attempting to keep things up and running. Also not cheap. Do you think the software will help with the past issues?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Past issues are already fixed, as far as I know.
jtaylor996
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jtaylor996 »

I was just looking for some info so I could suggest the same. There are a lot of features currently missing on this site.

One suggestion I'd like to make is to add a tapatalk plugin. That would make it 1000% easier to keep up to date on here.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I get uphappy when I go to a forum on my iPhone, which I bought because it has a full resolution web browser, and Tapatalk pops up and asks me to download their app.

I don't like "mobile sites." I want the normal full website anywhere I go, not some impaired layout and giant text.

Thirdly, it spams the sites on behalf of its users "Posted by Tapatalk."

I can't see installing Tapatalk partly because every time that I install something, I risk breaking the site. And partly because I don't like it spamming people, and partly because I don't like it asking people to download its app.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Agreed...i like access to the full site without downloading apps...thank you, Robert...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I thought my failure to understand tapatalk was my lack of understanding computers in general. :oops:

Robert the only problem I keep having is when going thru "view your posts" I can only look at the first page. if i try to go further back it will not let me.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
jtaylor996
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jtaylor996 »

300Blk wrote:I get uphappy when I go to a forum on my iPhone, which I bought because it has a full resolution web browser, and Tapatalk pops up and asks me to download their app.

I don't like "mobile sites." I want the normal full website anywhere I go, not some impaired layout and giant text.

Thirdly, it spams the sites on behalf of its users "Posted by Tapatalk."

I can't see installing Tapatalk partly because every time that I install something, I risk breaking the site. And partly because I don't like it spamming people, and partly because I don't like it asking people to download its app.
I think you can easily disable all of that crap. I know for sure you can get rid of the "download the app", almost all sites have gotten rid of that at this point.

I think you can get rid of all of the spam at the same time, too.

For me, all my mobile browsers are in "do not track" or "incognito" modes where cookies don't stay around long. This makes forum browsing a MAJOR pain in the ass because you have to constantly login and deal with the redirects that go back to the main forum index afterwards. It also helps with the subscriptions and notifications.

Note, I don't use tapatalk 2. I refuse to upgrade after paying for the full version of v1, that has always been 1000x easier to use.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Maybe I will add it since the new forum software has an automatic way to add features.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

I tried tap talk and found it to be very annoying . I deleted it and when sniper hide went to the scout network I did not follow . If I want to buy something I will but being urged to sign up for a premium service every time I log in just dont set well with me .