Turned 50 and I did this!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Turned 50 and I did this!!

Post by VENT625 »

Turned 50 on the 6th! The wife bought me a sky diving session. I actually did it!!

"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: Turned 50 and I did this!!

Post by gds »

I did one a few years back. It is a whole lot different than a static line out of a C130.

Good on you Vent.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Hell NO! My big butt stays here on the ground. Gravity is a bitch. Happy Birthday Vent.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

happy nifty 50

hard no for me, but mostly because of my back. that chute open probably would play hell on me :(
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

Happy birthday! So glad you enjoyed it! After the 'chute opens it's quiet isn't it? That was the first thing I noticed. Except for the guy on the ground telling us to "Check canopies!".

I'm not paid to do it anymore so no thank you. Plus I heal slowly today. My mindset is the same, but the body has gotten brittle.

GDS, I never liked jumping out of the c-130. I loved the C-141, and any of the choppers, but the C-130 always kicked my butt from the propwash. I knew I'd always have twisted risers and was never disappointed. There aren't that many of us with a P at the end of our MOS, so good to "meet" you.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Thanks for the wishes!! Funny thing....I'm afraid of heights. Get me on a freeway overpass looking down, and my legs literally go numb. But I've always told my wife, get me in a plane and I'll jump that sumbitch! And I did it, and loved every second!!
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."