My friend was a Hero

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

My friend was a Hero

Post by rebel »

I am very sad this evening. The world has lost a great man. Brave, stubborn, father, husband, outdoorsman and Marine.
Joe passed on Saturday, just days from his 105th birthday. I was Joe's maintenance man for 25 years. Even after I became Director of Plant Operations, I was still Joe's Maintenance man. Joe and his wife owned a home in the retirement community where I worked. Joe and I became friends, I bought a boat off Joe. We would share tales of the mountain country we had hunted and hiked. The trout we had caught and the deer we had killed. Run ins with bear, his trips out West. He had a Hal Hartley stocked 03 Springfield that made you yearn to shoot. He had a firm nature, he garnered respect and would damn well let you or your boss know it if you weren't doing it to suit him.
We became good friends over the years. Since I left , I had communicated with him via my wife. Semper fi Sargent! God's Speed.
https://veteransportraitproject.wordpre ... tho-goble/
https://missingmarines.com/initiatives/ ... matanikau/
https://www.bass-smithfuneralhome.com/o ... rationWall
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: My friend was a Hero

Post by tallburnedmidget »

I'm sorry to hear that. My thoughts, prayers, and best wishes go out to him and his loved ones.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Sounds like the world lost a good man.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Tough loss Rebel, he had a good run and left a big shadow to live under.

Seems like I used to meet many interesting people like that. Now it seems years go by without really crossing paths with any. I’m sure the interesting people are still out there, so it only leaves one option. I’ve lost interest in people. Thanks for the gentle kick in the ass.

And a big thank you to Joe.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Hey Rebel,

I'm sorry for your loss, and for our loss as a society. It sounds like he was a remarkable person and one neither easily replaced nor forgotten.

Every once in a while we get blessed to meet someone who leaves an indelible mark on our personalities and on our very souls. You have lost one of these people and we grieve for you.

Blessings upon him and comfort to you my friend.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

my condolances to you, and his family, for your loss
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.