Whats your accent?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Re: Whats your accent?

Post by TRshootem »

Grew up in NW Montana, with BC to the north. When visiting in South Carolina, some folks asked if we were Canadian...eh. Meanwhile, I understood dang little of what them folks were dishin'. As a side note, when explaining to some locals in Estelle where I was from, not a single one knew where MT was!
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

Folks can't pin mine. From S Carolina, lived in AZ, TX, and AR. More TX/SC than anything. I know who Bob War is.
riude

Post by riude »

As we call it in Finland, "rally english" :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d_xT4GMYZo
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I have used most of them but never heard of Si-goggling. I grew up on the side of a mountain and will die within 500 feet of where I grew up. I know every square inch of this mountain as I walked it as a kid while playing and hunting. I was probably 7 when I first started hunting for food. I would get home from school, grab the 22 that belonged to my grandmother when she was a kit and go hunt squirrels. For fun I would throw rocks at cans and to this day I am still pretty good with a rock. I bet I moved 10 tons, a rock at a time.

I grew up poor, really poor. We didn't have an indoor toilet until I was about 8 or 9. Took baths in a metal tub with water heated on an old electric stove because we did not have hot water that came out of a faucet. We burned wood or coal for heat in the winter. I did my homework by oil lamp. For food we hunted, raised chickens and rabbits and would get a portion of the hogs we helped slaughter when the first frost came. The only thing my mother bought from the store was flour and milk. Most of the clothes I would wear at home were made by my mother. I would get one new pair of shoes that I could only wear to school so I was always barefoot as a kid. I got made fun of for the shoes I wore, they called the bo-bo's and were always a few sizes too big so my parents didn't have to buy another pair before the year was up. I would get a few pairs of store bought pants, most times they were used, that had to be rolled up because they were too long and by the end of the school year they were covered with patches where I had worn them through.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

My accent? Why hell, I'm from Michigan. We ain't got no accent here, dontcha know.

But I'm sure Smus and Rebel will find some proper examples!