My little girl

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

My little girl

Post by rebel »

My daughter turned 14 today. Seems like yesterday I was changing diapers. She is beautiful, much to beautiful and it gets the old man worried. I remember all to well what a slick SOB I was. Smus helps me with advice after raising a daughter as a single father - I can't imagine. In any case, I asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner. Her response was "your spaghetti and meatballs". Now understand, I am a damn good cook, but southern and Scotch/Irish.
My Spaghetti recipe comes from Clemenza on Godfather part 1. It's never failed me and didn't tonight as we ate over candlelight with wine, bread and the main dish. She loved it and even gave me a kiss and thanked me. Damnation.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: My little girl

Post by bangbangping »

That's awesome. I empathize with you about the worrying.

I swear there's often some sort of alien body snatcher that often takes over about that age. Hopefully you'll be spared, but if not just know that it leaves after five years or so.

Last week my two twenty(ish) girls came over and we cooked venison backstrap chicken fried steak with cream gravy, mashed potatoes, and fried okra and artichokes. They grew up on venison, and don't get it much any more. Should get a video of my dainty, petite daughter shoveling CFS into her mouth. :lol: But yeah, good times. Enjoy it.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

That sounds like a very nice time spent with your daughter.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
AggieJim
Silent Operator

Post by AggieJim »

That sounds perfect.
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Post by Boolit_Head »

It seems yesterday I was holding my tiny daughter in my arms. She seemed so small that I could barely hold her without dropping her. Today I have a 1 year old and 3 year old grand sons I am chasing around the house. Time flies but for good and bad it's a wonderful trip, enjoy it.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

cherish these times Rebel, as a father of two grown daughters, I can tell you it won't last. soon is coming the time when Dad is no longer #1. :cry:
peace through superior firepower
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Tell your daughter that you never had a gray hair until after she was born and watch her reaction. :lol: Time does go fast. My grandson will turn 6 next month.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

good luck - may i advise you just go buy a backhoe now and get it over and done with.

remember - dig the hole before hand. otherwise someone might come along when you're digging it and then you gotta dig two holes. next thing you know you're out there digging all night. :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

plant.one wrote:good luck - may i advise you just go buy a backhoe now and get it over and done with.

remember - dig the hole before hand. otherwise someone might come along when you're digging it and then you gotta dig two holes. next thing you know you're out there digging all night. :mrgreen:
It's already dug :mrgreen:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

My daughter is 32 now, but when she was a teen...I snarled, frothed at the mouth and displayed shovels, firearms and a general threatening front. Married and 3 kids, he is the only one I didn't chase off. The jury is still out on that... :lol:

Good job Rebel! I'm sure she will remember fondly this time together.