the Covid got me

Moderators:gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly
Re: the Covid got me

Post by rebel » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:32 pm

Always said you were full of shit Vent. This confirms it :lol: Glad you''re on the mend brother.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.

BulletFlight for Android
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Re: the Covid got me

Post by Sig220 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:40 pm

noname wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:37 pm
BJK wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:45 am
I don't argue with anyone about me not taking the vaccine. It's none of their business for starters, and it's my body. I'll do what I want with it. I've seen the result of their medical advice re: diet and heart disease, and statins and they lie. So the med' establishment is the last place I go to for their "advice". I learned many years ago that a starving man doesn't need to have bread advertised to him to know that he needs to eat. The only things that need "selling" are things that we don't need. The more the lying med' establishment pushes the vaccine the more they harden my resolve to not get it.
Trouble is it is not your body in the Covid era if you spread it. You can look up the stats and it is easy to determine the elderly, like me do not do well with Covid. If you are past 70 like me, and want to roll the dice just keep to yourself, isolated from society.

Think about tetanus, polio, smallpox "red" measles and other community based diseases that now have vaccines. I hope you will at least wear a N95 mask, stay as far away from others in a community setting, and other ways of preventing diseases.

Early on in my medical career, there was a certain group of parents who did not want their kids to get vaccines for common childhood diseases before starting school. There was a 1:10,000 chance of severe reaction to the MMR vaccine. They want everybody else to get the vaccine to protect their kids.
I have not reached 70, yet but was born in the 50's, so I am getting close :shock: I took all the vaccines growing up except the small pox which I was allergic to some ingredients so had to skip that. But, I am thankful for all those other kids and people who got the small pox vaccine that allowed someone like me who could not take it to not get it.

I got my second covid shot 2 weeks ago. Glad I did, and I realize it only offers about 95% protection, as that is better then nothing. I have a asthma history and don't need to be fighting covid if I can avoid it. I still try to keep my distance from people and wear a mask to protect me a little and protect them as well. I try to stay away from people who don't give a rats behind about me much less themselves. Don't be crying if you get it and didn't use common sense protections that are available. YMMV JMHO