My new carry gun

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: My new carry gun

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Sharkbite wrote:Dude...

Ive got a prejudice against AK's. Only because ive seen WAY too many in other peoples hands.

But THAT is totally BADASS. Well done!!!!
I was not an AK guy up until about 3 months ago when I bought an M85. Immediately I realized I am hooked and began the search for other AKs. I bought an M92, basically the same as the M85, then decided why have two of the same so I sold it and bought the Mini Draco.

Now I have carried and shot AKs but never really thought anything about them. Now that I own a couple I will say I am hooked.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
leziel

Post by leziel »

All i can see abut that gun sir was really nice and very interesting weapon that you have to carry,, good weapon sir.

Last edited by leziel on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShortBarrelShepherd
Silent But Deadly

Post by ShortBarrelShepherd »

Great looking build. I carried a Mini Draco SBR for a little over a year before building my 6.75" AR15 pistol in 300. The weight starts making a big difference, especially with a spare magazine. I far prefer the AK platform but the AR is just a little lighter. December marks my two year anniversary of rifle / PDW EDC.

I think the bag is not the most discrete, but given your size, manner of dress, and environment it may not be a big deal. Some of my readers carry similar bags because they don't care if they get a little more attention. I carry gray bags because I want to avoid all attention.

Please consider visiting my blog and commenting about your experiences.

Visit my blog about SBRs, PDWs, and fight focused training: www.shortbarrelshepherd.com
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

This is the final version:
The AFG did nothing for me.

I also made a new handguard and angled it to match the front sight.
You can't see it but I also added a RPK adjustable rear sight. This let me center the front sight for a better sight picture.

My wife did not like the camouflage backpack so I found a more civilian looking bag that it fits and it fits perfectly in this bag:
It allows me to carry it without anyone the wiser. I also carry first aid supplies, flash light, knife and a few other immediate need items. And the best part is my wife is not so concerned with it looking like a tactical bag that might have a gun in it.

I bought it from here:
http://www.amazon.com/California-Pak-Ra ... B003OM5EEI
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

DS that looks awesome.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
ShortBarrelShepherd
Silent But Deadly

AWESOME. I really like that handguard, and as you noticed a firearm of that length doesn't benefit from an AFG or even a VFG.

Really dig the new bag, the wife made a good call.

I'd love to feature this on my blog, please let me know if I can email you some questions about it for an article.
Visit my blog about SBRs, PDWs, and fight focused training: www.shortbarrelshepherd.com
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

ShortBarrelShepherd wrote:AWESOME. I really like that handguard, and as you noticed a firearm of that length doesn't benefit from an AFG or even a VFG.

Really dig the new bag, the wife made a good call.

I'd love to feature this on my blog, please let me know if I can email you some questions about it for an article.
Go ahead.

I will PM you my email address.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

very nice dolmite . I like it alot .
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

DS, your comment about "grey" bags has been a constant quest and challenge for me. It means a lot of times in thrift stores, staring at briefcases and other strange cases :lol: Gotta think outside the box when going grey.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
ShortBarrelShepherd
Silent But Deadly

Big thanks to dolomite_supafly for sharing his experience and his pistol build with my blog at shortbarrelshepherd.com.

Please click this link if you want to know more about his Mini Draco build and why he carries it.