.277 Wolverine Info

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Re: .277 Wolverine Info

Post by randyrucker »

MDWS wrote:Congrats Randy nice Buck!

How about some details on the load/hunt?
The load of course is with the Barnes 95 TTSX using 21.6 gr of A5744 giving a MV of 2451 fps. Loaded to an oal of 2.18. A1680 seems to be king for the wolverine as far as velocity is concerened, but I like the clean burn of 5744 a little better. If I used A1680 I could get over 2500 fps but it's dirty plus I like saving it for blk out subs. The bullet destroyed the heart.

As for the hunt....I know nothing about hunting. I just sit in my stand and when a deer comes by I just shoot him. :mrgreen:
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

nice shooting randy . looks like the perfect shot .

mark it looks like you hit it out of the park with the wolverine congrats on your effort .
DeaneM1A
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DeaneM1A »

MDWS,
When do you expect to have barrels back in stock?
Bill
MDWS
Silent But Deadly

Post by MDWS »

Thanks jwb47.

Deane - 8.2" and 10.5" are due in next, maybe a few weeks or so, then 18", then 16", then 12.5". I never really know for sure until I get a shipped notice but that's what it looks like.

I have an 8.2" complete upper for sale right now if u our interested there are photos of it on the 277 Wolverine Facebook page and over on the WLV forum.
-Mark

Mad Dog Weapon Systems, Inc.

maddogweapons.com
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

I think the 10.5 inch is perfect for deer hunting in Georgia. It makes a great SBR. MV of 2455 fps with the 95 TTSX will do the job anyday of the week. It has plenty of energy for full expansion out to 250+ yards.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

Another Wolverine kill today with the 95 TTSX. I love Barnes bullets. 8)

MDWS
Silent But Deadly

Post by MDWS »

Just a sporadic update.... lots of deer killed with the WLV at this point, and, Western Powders just published an article about the Wolverine.

Thanks for all of your feedback here. We're going to release the prints and shoot for SAAMI submittal in August of 2015.

Here's the link to the article:

http://blog.westernpowders.com/2014/12/ ... a-wildcat/
-Mark

maddogweapons.com
ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

I saw the article the other day. Way to go! Sure would love to give it a try, but I hardly have enough time to reload for what I have, and even less time to get to shooting :cry:
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

ScottB70 wrote:I saw the article the other day. Way to go! Sure would love to give it a try, but I hardly have enough time to reload for what I have, and even less time to get to shooting :cry:
Sounds like you need to retire and enjoy life. :idea:
MDWS
Silent But Deadly

Post by MDWS »

Just an update for folks that are curious/interested... we are now running Subsonics and Supersonics through the same 1:7 twist barrels.... so far we can run subs from 150 grains to 200 grains and all the standard supersonic loads through the same barrel without an adjustable gas block needed.

Now we are looking to get 225 grain bullets made which will take some time but once they're here we'll be able to run them as subs as well.

AR15HUNTER.COM did a nice article on the WLV as well.

Starting to get out there quite a bit now and we will soon see industry support from some die makers and such.

Sheridan Engineering offers ammo gauges...
Little Crow offers their line of WFT's....
Lee offers their FCD's and hopefully soon the dies...
Giraud made us some case holders recently...

It's getting there!

SAAMI submittal will come in time but is not necessary at this point. We stock a ton of barrels in various lengths and finishes. A crap ton of deer, hogs and other critters have fallen to the WLV.

More to come, and thanks again all here for your input and feedback.
-Mark

maddogweapons.com