I am now an nra certified pistol instructor

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jwb47
Silent But Deadly

I am now an nra certified pistol instructor

Post by jwb47 »

hi guys I recently took a course and certified to teach nra pistol course along with nra home safety course . I am proud of myself for getting this done and hoping I can get more people involved in the shooting sports and help prevent an accident in somebodys home .
sorry for blubbering Im just stoked right now.
ohl_san
Silent But Deadly

Re: I am now an nra certified pistol instructor

Post by ohl_san »

Congrats, that is a great accomplishment. Can you give us a brief summary of the course?
nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish. Except an Apache. Apaches have machine guns & missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry an absolute death machine
TED
300BLK Triumph

Post by 300BLK Triumph »

congrats :P
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

ohl_san wrote:Congrats, that is a great accomplishment. Can you give us a brief summary of the course?
sure both classes are basicly learning teaching skills and an over view of the lesson plans . there are alot of hands on learning how to deal with people and teaching technique. this is not a concealed carry class although after you certify a person will have the knowledge and skill to do so .
the main objective to nra basic pistol and home safety classes are safety and learning about your pistol and the correct shooting technique . there is alot of instruction and hands on training for the fututre instructor along with some range time to help the training coach get a grasp on your skill level and knowledge . safety is really hammered home and constantly injected in the lesson plans . We went well over the average time for the course plan on 2 days to get it done . this is for the instructor certification not the student.
for students the basic handgun course is 8 hours 4 hours for the home safety class . this is the nra certified classes students will recieve certificates from the nra plus hopefully you will give them a push in the right direction for hunting , competition and home safety.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I was going to do that this month as well, the wife made me choose, next time on the course or the AAC cyclone. I chose the toy for now. Actually my wife had nothing to do with the decision, the college tuition payment did however.
Edit- Congrats
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Hardrockshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hardrockshot »

Way to go, we need more that will step up to the plate to take on this task. I have Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Chief Range Safety Officer, PPITH and the last one I got was PPOTH. I urge you to get all of these. Yes, it takes time and LOTS of dedication.

Find someone that will mentor you and start teaching classes. I have always learn more teaching than I ever did taking a class.
De inimical non loquaris male, sed cogites
da bugman
Silent But Deadly

Post by da bugman »

I got pistol, shotgun, refuse to be a victim. I will soon have rifle and reloading. Louisiana certified concealed carry

JD
New Orleans la
Gramaton550

Post by Gramaton550 »

Welcome to the ranks!! I got my cert last year, and its fun teaching for me personally.
Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Welcome to the club! Had mine for over 25 years now. Pistol, Rifle , Shotgun.. Love teaching.. I no longer do large classes but one on one limited.... Love to help people overcome technique problems. Sometimes the OLD way is better than the new fancy way. Make every shot count.

Congrats!
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
suncoastarmory

Post by suncoastarmory »

Nice job! I'm certified as well, and enjoy helping beginners get in to the sport.
Chris Bridges
Suncoast Armory
www.suncoastarmory.com