My newest Creation, M1919 "modernized" belt fed.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

My newest Creation, M1919 "modernized" belt fed.

Post by gds »

Been mulling this Idea around for years ever since the M230 conversion. Could not stand the stock set up on it. I think this set up at least looks a litlle better than the TNW attempt. With a little help from some guys on here, I finally got this functioning. One of my goals was to get it to function with a suppressor.

I know some purist may not like it, and that is ok by me. You should see the reaction my Mattel m16 got.

Front hand guard with barrel support and barrel

Trigger group and safety.

Stock set up. This is an M249 Airsoft Stock :mrgreen:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: My newest Creation, M1919 "modernized" belt fed.

Post by gds »

My main Goal for this was 2 fold.

First I like shooting cast powder coated bullets, because I am cheap.

Secondly, I really don't like having guns I cannot suppress.

An additional thing, is I wanted to do as little permanent modification as possible so as to be able to put it back into original M1919A4 Glory.

One problem I had with shooting cast bullets, was lead deposits on the inside of the booster causing the end of the barrel to stick occasionally and cleaning lead off the booster is a pain.

I always liked the idea of the TNW M230, but could not get past the stupid looking stock set up, it set too high for me. But the concept lead me to believe that, one, I could eliminate the booster, thus eliminating the lead deposits and the stuck barrel, and 2, if I could figure out how much weight to cut I could attach a suppressor.

A couple of guys on M1919A4.com sent me some pics and measurements of certain parts of the M230 conversion, which helped me figure some ways to re-engineer to fit what I was trying to accomplish. My first thing was the barrel. I bought a second barrel and went to town on it. 17 inches was kind of arbitrary, No other reason than that measurement let it fit in my lathe well enough to do some of the work I was trying to do. I did kind of mess up and turned the barrel down more than I intended on the breach side, but It is still the diameter of an L1a1 barrel.

My next step was the handguard configuration and the support for the barrel. I will be modifying that some more later with a collar that attaches to the support.

The trigger and grip assembly took a while, The TNW M230 is a lot different then what I went with, the roller bearing was a second attempt to help smooth out the trigger pull, after I had already done a bunch of work on the sear/firing pin engagement. The safety was a must, but I am not 100% happy with it, simply because I did not set this up to have the safety sit a little lower so it is easier to manipulate, it sits to close to the bottom of the receiver, It is simple trigger block safety and works great, I need to redesign it so it has a bit more meat to it to take it off safe. but for know it works fine.

In the meantime I knew I was adding a picatinny rail to the top cover, So I made that happen, I wanted it centered so I had to machine out a section to go around the belt feed lever nut, but I can fit a red dot on the rail as is. This is the only permanent modification, simply because of the 2 holes drilled and tapped on the top cover to attach the picatinny rail.

The stock attachment went through a few iterations. Trying to find a M240 or M249 real stock at a cost that does not break the bank was daunting, on a whim I bought a m249 Airsoft stock and it worked perfectly for my purposes. I can fit almost any of the airsoft m249 stocks with the same attaching points.

I also did some lightening of the Bolt assembly, I will get some pictures up for it, when I take it apart again.

Things I am still working on.

I need to add a mounting point to the front of the trigger/grip assembly for the T&E since I stole the use of the one already there.

I am working on a mount for the H&K 21 50 round drums, just because, why not.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Test fire
https://youtu.be/YEnlS1NrFLI

Test fire Cast with suppressor
https://youtu.be/wEXNLqr0z1A

Test fire Cast bullets
https://youtu.be/wEXNLqr0z1A

Test fire cast bullets suppressed, I did have a failure to eject on this one, but pulling back on the charging handle remedied it pretty easily.
https://youtu.be/oaxHAEcJswY
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Colder than normal winter this year, more free time?
Get a new tool for Christmas?

I know, the new grandkid is too short for the old stock. Probably have to fire it prone for the next couple years anyway. :lol:

Always fun to see your projects up and firing. Thanks
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

dellet wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:49 pm Colder than normal winter this year, more free time?

I know, the new grandkid is too short for the old stock. Probably have to fire it prone for the next couple years anyway. :lol:

Lol, not really, this project has been in the works for well over a year. I got to a certain point and it sat in the safe for numerous months. Decided I wanted to get it up and running so I have been working on it the past several weeks. Going to a hog hunt in April and wanted the option of a suppressed belt fed. :mrgreen:
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

gds wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:13 pm
dellet wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:49 pm Colder than normal winter this year, more free time?

Lol, not really, this project has been in the works for well over a year. I got to a certain point and it sat in the safe for numerous months. Decided I wanted to get it up and running so I have been working on it the past several weeks. Going to a hog hunt in April and wanted the option of a suppressed belt fed. :mrgreen:
Helicopter or Jeep?
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

dellet wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:05 am
gds wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:13 pm

Helicopter or Jeep?
I wish, but neither, box blinds.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »