8.6 Blackout??

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GregP42
Silent Operator

8.6 Blackout??

Post by GregP42 »

Has anyone else looked at this yet? 6.5 creedmoor case cut down and necked for a .338 bullet and a 1-3" twist? I don't know if I should be happy or scared.

Greg
NRA Life member
GregP42
Silent Operator

Re: 8.6 Blackout??

Post by GregP42 »

So no one has heard anything about this round?
NRA Life member
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

not me.
peace through superior firepower
hntbambi

Post by hntbambi »

Yep, I am building one on a Remington Model Seven. It is a 16" Faxon barrel with Q Cherry Bomb brake, trued Mod 7 action, HS Precision stock, and Burris XTR II scope. I am waiting on a headspace gauge from Pacific Tool & Gauge. I ordered it in October, still hurry up and wait. I have dies, brass that I converted from 6.5 CM and a bunch of bullets, primers, and powder. All I am waiting for is the PTG HS gauge. I will have to get an adapter to attach my .40 cal can to the Q cherry bomb but I can still sling lead without a can. I have read many reports of it fragging standard cup and core bullets due to the 1 in 3" twist that the barrel has.
ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

What is the allure of it?
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

ReadyAimDuck wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:16 pm What is the allure of it?
New. Bigger hole. Heavier bullet. More smack. Not much recoil. Boy, I’ll tell ya, it’ll hammer ‘em hogs. All shot from a semiauto with the dainty dimensions and featherweight of an AR10. But, what the hell? Gotta have a new project periodically.
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.
ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

Ben B. wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:42 pm New. Bigger hole. Heavier bullet. More smack. Not much recoil. Boy, I’ll tell ya, it’ll hammer ‘em hogs. All shot from a semiauto with the dainty dimensions and featherweight of an AR10. But, what the hell? Gotta have a new project periodically.
That's pretty cool. i was wondering if it was easy to load subsonic and suppressed due to the name. I keep chasing all these new calibers. My wallet is getting pretty thin.