giving reloaded ammo to a relative

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

noname
Silent Operator

giving reloaded ammo to a relative

Post by noname »

I have a sister and her husband that recently each bought a 9mm handgun. They cannot find any ammo. He is retired IRS account and they moved from Washington DC to Charleston SC. I live in NC. I did not know there was any kind of shortage in ammo as I only shoot my reloads.

If you were me would you give any ammo to a close relative? It would be under he circumstances that their range was good with shooting reloads as they are city folks. They bought from a gun shop.

What is going on with ammo anyway?
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Re: giving reloaded ammo to a relative

Post by 20X11 »

Yep...I give reloaded ammo to close relatives. Just can't sell it. Ammo shortage and component shortages have a few causes..1. Supply chain problems due to Covid 2. Huge number of new gun owners over the past couple of years 3. Reloading equipment has been selling like hotcakes due to more people spending time at home
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

How much do you trust them?

What can happen is if they have a problem with their gun(s) that causes injury they might say that it was your ammo that did it. Prove it wasn't.

If someone is looking at years or a lifetime of therapy and cash outlay, or even a death, attitudes can change. It doesn't even need to be your ammo that did it. It only needs to be stated that it was yours.

I can't tell you what to do. You'll figure it out.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

I won't shoot anyone's reloads in any of my firearms.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
Regaj
Silent Operator

Post by Regaj »

I'd give them factory ammo. But not reloads.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ive done up reloads for my mom and dad in the past as gifts (so they practice more) and my bro is currently hunting with reloads from my press. we developed them in his gun, for his hunting rifle only with components he purchased. i just happen to have the equipment to make assembly possible.

but aside from that... like noted... you have to make your own call.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Better to show them how to reload and make there own. Even if you supply everything, let them do it.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Nothing says “I love you” like telling your sister she should beat a rapist with her new pistol, because you’re afraid he might sue you for supplying the ammo she could have shot him with.

These aren’t normal times guys.

Hardcase, you need to get out more often
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.