NRA moving to Texas

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

noname
Silent Operator

NRA moving to Texas

Post by noname »

My wife knew I was a member of the NRA and was giving me grief about them filing for bankruptcy. Good natured chiding as she has a concealed carry permit. We found out they were moving their home office from New York to Texas. They will still be around. We did not find out why. I assume taxes but they should be a non-profit and exempt from taxes. Can never tell about New York though.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
dtanner

Re: NRA moving to Texas

Post by dtanner »

The NRA today announced it will reorganize the Association as a Texas nonprofit to abandon the corrupt political and regulatory environment in New York. This plan will enable long-term, sustainable growth – and ensure the NRA’s continued success as the nation’s leading advocate for constitutional freedom.

To facilitate the reorganization, the NRA and one of its subsidiaries filed voluntary chapter 11 petitions in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division. Chapter 11 proceedings are often utilized by businesses, nonprofits and organizations of all kinds to streamline legal and financial affairs.

Under the plan, the NRA is “dumping New York.”

Subject to court approval, the NRA’s strategic plan involves reincorporating the Association to the State of Texas – home to more than 400,000 NRA members and site of the 2021 NRA Annual Meeting being held in Houston.

The NRA is pursuing reincorporating in a state that values the contributions of the NRA, celebrates our law-abiding members, and joins us as a partner in upholding constitutional freedom. This is a transformational moment in the history of the NRA.

We firmly believe this strategic plan represents a pathway to opportunity, growth and progress.

The NRA will continue with the forward advancement of the enterprise – confronting anti-Second Amendment activities, promoting firearm safety and training, and advancing public programs across the United States. Our national platform is expanding.

The NRA is not insolvent. This move comes at a time when the NRA is in its strongest financial position in years.

We value you, or donors, supporters and members, and want to assure you that the NRA is revitalized, well-positioned, and steadfast in our fight to protect the Second Amendment.

For more information, please visit https://www.nraforward.org/.

Thank you for your unwavering spirit and being part of the NRA’s future.

Tyler Schropp
Executive Director
NRA Office of Advancement
NRA Life Member, NRA Certified Instructor
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Until wayne is gone, they are dead to me. I say that as a lifetime member.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

I have to agree, Wayne in the mix spoils the results. His indulgence in his own fortune at the expense of the membership reeks.
I am sure that also figured into the NRA wanting to come the Texas. Didn't they buy a mansion in the DFW area for him?

All the funds request from the NRA goes into the trash until Wayne is cast to the curb without a golden parachute.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Sig220 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:18 am I have to agree, Wayne in the mix spoils the results. His indulgence in his own fortune at the expense of the membership reeks.
I am sure that also figured into the NRA wanting to come the Texas. Didn't they buy a mansion in the DFW area for him?

All the funds request from the NRA goes into the trash until Wayne is cast to the curb without a golden parachute.
Give him any kind of parachute he likes as long as the organization is the beneficiary on his life insurance, and they drop out him of a plane over the ocean.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

I was also a NRA member and would be again, but I refuse to help finance LaPierre's multi million dollar life style. He needs to go.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
Regaj
Silent Operator

Post by Regaj »

Aye, the confluence of time and a big pile of money nearby seems like an irresistible temptation, doesn't it?

One wonders how many members Mr. LaPierre's thievery has driven away these last couple of years. And how many muttered "like hell's" when checking out on Midway's website, as the "NRA Roundup" tick box gets unchecked.
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

I am not particularly in love with the NRA but do not know a suitable alternative that is nationwide.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
Sapperavis

Post by Sapperavis »

It's frustrating when you face criticism for something you believe in, especially when it's a topic as sensitive as firearms. As for the NRA's bankruptcy filing, it's interesting to see them making a move from New York to Texas. Taxes could definitely be a reason, considering how different states handle them. Speaking of moves, I recently went through the whole process myself. I actually hired these awesome Boston to New York movers who made the transition super smooth.