Walmart. Shortage or political

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

noname
Silent Operator

Walmart. Shortage or political

Post by noname »

I don't need to buy ammo and am not looking for another gun right now. However while shopping at Walmart today I walked by the what use to be their firearm section. It was empty. No guns. Not a sales person.

Has Walmart joined the "dark side"?
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Re: Walmart. Shortage or political

Post by rlandry6 »

Some Walmarts have stopped selling firearms. They were also going to stop selling ammo in spme of the store, but I think they scrapped that idea. They have prety much suck ed to theLiberals on firearms and ammo. I never did set the bar very high for Walmart.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Can't say about your particular store, but IIRC most Walmarts put the guns and ammo in the back this summer so the peaceful, gentle Democrat protestors wouldn't get them when they broke in and looted before setting the store on fire. Still selling, just not on display.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

walmart removed firearms from all of its urban stores, nation wide, in 2020. Most Rural stores still have firearms in the cases.

they also discontinued the sale of pistol ammo and "assault weapon" ammo.

so what they do carry now ammo wise - if you can find any from the shortage - is shotgun stuff, rimfire, traditional hunting ammo (30-06, 7mm mag, 270, 243, etc) that are standard cup and core or all copper hunting grade offerings and a few FMJ training options as well (ie:350 legend 145gr fmj).

Pretty much for the most part rifle ammo thats $1/rd or more

that said - Remington ammo AFAIK isnt being produced right now post-bankruptcy-sale , so there's half or more of the ammo that Walmart carries thats just not available at all for the time being.. I've seen limited boxes of it here and there - but its probably new-old stock that just hasnt sold.

So dont expect to find anything thats not Winchester or federal on their shelves for a minute. Again thats assuming you can get your hands on it before the grubby hoarders and gunbroker resellers do anyway.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

I live in a rural area, foothills of the mountains of NC. All small towns. My wife gets Rx at this Walmart super store. They had a supply. maybe 20 boxes, of .22 LR Super X 100 year anniversary :lol: in 300 round boxes. $40.18 a box. People were not lined up at the firearms counter.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
sean4570

Post by sean4570 »

My local Walmart here in W NC has a very limited selection of guns, a couple of shotguns, .22's only shotgun ammo (maybe three or four boxes)
But last week I was in FL at a Wal-Mart and they had some .22 ammo, rifle ammo and some shotguns and rifles.
The last rifle I bought from them was about 5 years ago, a Savage semi auto in .17 HMR. That was in Beckley WV.
ussprinceton2004

Post by ussprinceton2004 »

we recently went to a Wal-Mart in Kentucky and we wanted to buy some .22 lr ammo. They would only sell us 2 boxes with 200 rnds ea. We wanted to buy more, but there is a limit