AR lower missing a roll pin nut...

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Derk

AR lower missing a roll pin nut...

Post by Derk »

I've got a Tactical Innovations lower. It appears to have a nut that threads in for the role pin locations. Anyone have an idea on where one might find replacements. I've contacted the manufacturer, and not heard back...but they appear to no longer be in the business of making lowers.
Derk

Re: AR lower missing a roll pin nut...

Post by Derk »

I do believe I've made this post in the wrong section...
brutis
Silent Operator

Post by brutis »

Derk

Post by Derk »

No, it's the pin above the trigger. The nut I think is just how the company designed their lower, because I don't see any other like it. May be why it doesn't look like they sell them anymore. If I knew how to post a picture from my phone, I would post it.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

The pin above the trigger, should be the the pin holds the trigger in and that it pivots on. If that’s the pin tour talking about, there are a lot of different anti-walk hammer and trigger pins that have a set screw. It’s possible that a proprietary pin was made with a nut.

If you search for anti walk trigger pins and search images you might find something close.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Derk

Post by Derk »

I searched anti-walk pins and that looks like a screw that goes into the pin to keep it from sliding out.

This looks like the roll pin hole is oversized and is threaded and a nut with the proper roll pin diameter is threaded into accept a standard size roll pin.

I may have to try another forum to see if someone has a Tactical Innovations lower that is more into the "how it works side".
willis

Post by willis »

go to their site complete pin sets are out of stock but individual parts they have.
Willis.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Derk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:58 pm I searched anti-walk pins and that looks like a screw that goes into the pin to keep it from sliding out.

This looks like the roll pin hole is oversized and is threaded and a nut with the proper roll pin diameter is threaded into accept a standard size roll pin.

I may have to try another forum to see if someone has a Tactical Innovations lower that is more into the "how it works side".
its not a roll pin. its a proprietary anti-walk trigger pin & bushing set. they explain it on their website (see my quote below) its got a bushing that goes in the receiver because apparently these asshats dont want you to be able to update your lower without their proprietary shit. so they oversized the standard trigger hole and put a stainless bushing in there. god forbid you lose the bushing :roll:

The traditional steel hammer and trigger pins in the aluminum receiver have always been an area of concern for all AR15 shooters. In addition, the tolerances between the trigger and the trigger pin and the trigger pin and the receiver need to be as close as possible to provide a crisp trigger without creep and similar errors that will effect accuracy. Now with the addition of our STBA™ - Stainless Trigger & Bushing Assembly, you can easily solve all of the issues associated with hammer and trigger pins in your AR receiver including:
1. hammer/trigger pins precision CNC machined to .154 diameter
2. no steel pin to aluminum receiver wear consideration
3. stainless receiver bushings are threaded for easy replacement if necessary
4. alignment is maintained at high tolerances due to precision fit between receiver bushing and pin.

These T15BDX™ receivers are manufactured with the STBA™ - Stainless Trigger & Bushing Assembly factory installed before they are shipped to your dealer. The CNC machined precision hex head non-rotating hammer and trigger pins are included, ready for final assembly with your fire control parts.

Never worry about pin wear, pin alignment or pin sizes again. Our STBA™ - Stainless Trigger & Bushing Assembly - Another Tactical Innovations Exclusive!
you can get a replacement for their STBA bushing/pins on their home page

and apparently the left and right bushings are unique too, which makes a whole pile of sense, if you're lookign to shaft your customers extra well.

https://www.tacticalinc.com/catalog/product/id-2284
https://www.tacticalinc.com/catalog/product/id-2285

if i were you - i'd order a couple sets in case they end up going out of business, and then loc-tite mine in to doubly make sure the risk of them falling out goes to zero.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Derk

Post by Derk »

plant.one wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:42 pm
Derk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:58 pm I searched anti-walk pins and that looks like a screw that goes into the pin to keep it from sliding out.

its not a roll pin. its a proprietary anti-walk trigger pin & bushing set. they explain it on their website (see my quote below) its got a bushing that goes in the receiver because apparently these asshats dont want you to be able to update your lower without their proprietary shit. so they oversized the standard trigger hole and put a stainless bushing in there. god forbid you lose the bushing :roll:

The traditional steel hammer and trigger pins in the aluminum receiver have always been an area of concern for all AR15 shooters. In addition, the tolerances between the trigger and the trigger pin and the trigger pin and the receiver need to be as close as possible to provide a crisp trigger without creep and similar errors that will effect accuracy. Now with the addition of our STBA™ - Stainless Trigger & Bushing Assembly, you can easily solve all of the issues associated with hammer and trigger pins in your AR receiver including:
1. hammer/trigger pins precision CNC machined to .154 diameter
2. no steel pin to aluminum receiver wear consideration
3. stainless receiver bushings are threaded for easy replacement if necessary
4. alignment is maintained at high tolerances due to precision fit between receiver bushing and pin.

These T15BDX™ receivers are manufactured with the STBA™ - Stainless Trigger & Bushing Assembly factory installed before they are shipped to your dealer. The CNC machined precision hex head non-rotating hammer and trigger pins are included, ready for final assembly with your fire control parts.

Never worry about pin wear, pin alignment or pin sizes again. Our STBA™ - Stainless Trigger & Bushing Assembly - Another Tactical Innovations Exclusive!
you can get a replacement for their STBA bushing/pins on their home page

and apparently the left and right bushings are unique too, which makes a whole pile of sense, if you're lookign to shaft your customers extra well.

https://www.tacticalinc.com/catalog/product/id-2284
https://www.tacticalinc.com/catalog/product/id-2285

if i were you - i'd order a couple sets in case they end up going out of business, and then loc-tite mine in to doubly make sure the risk of them falling out goes to zero.

Thanks Plant.one. I obviously didn't do a good job searching their site. This is a pretty crap design.
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

Roll pins

Rolling pins

AR trigger/hammer pins

Hammer and trigger pins for Tactical Innovations' STBA AR15

Rolling pin nuts
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.