6mm ARC experience anyone?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

supersport939

6mm ARC experience anyone?

Post by supersport939 »

I know - totally off topic - but I'm guessing the people on here are likely to be checking this out as much as any other group.
I've been doing some reading about it and the performance seems great, but its suffering through growing pains - clean feeding mags, proper detonation, etc.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Re: 6mm ARC experience anyone?

Post by BlogSarge »

supersport,

I also am interested in it. And no worries about posting non-300blk stuff here. We tend to be open to new cartridges here, and not openly critical of anything else like some other cartridge specific forums!

I actually have a 6ARC barrel on back order from Odin. No idea when I might see it, though. They are waiting on the material to make the barrels last I knew.

I have no real need for 6ARC, but it sure does look versatile. No idea if it has any subsonic potential, but I have 300blk for that.

Once the growing pains are worked through, I think it will be a great addition to the available AR15 calibers, especially for mid to long range and for hunting up to deer / hog size game. The 300blk, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, 224 Valkyrie, 350 Legend all have had their initial hurdles. ^arc is no different, but with it in use already by DoD groups, I am sure there are solutions.

Cheers!
alamo5000
Silent But Deadly

Re: 6mm ARC experience anyone?

Post by alamo5000 »

supersport939 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:49 pm I know - totally off topic - but I'm guessing the people on here are likely to be checking this out as much as any other group.
I've been doing some reading about it and the performance seems great, but its suffering through growing pains - clean feeding mags, proper detonation, etc.
I have been following it closely. I am not one to get on wait lists and such but I do plan to build one as availability becomes more prevalent (components, brass, etc).

From what I hear there are a brand or two of mags to steer clear of but otherwise they work fine. They are the exact same mags they use for the Grendel variant. I am not sure what you mean by detonation though. I can only think of ammo related problems which have been adjusted already by Hornady in their factory ammo. Apparently a really early run of ammo wasn't seated to the correct depth but I chalk that up to Hornady's manufacturing flub on the ammo not so much the cartridge as a whole.

As a whole though there is substantially LESS growing pains with this cartridge vs many, many others.