new legend upper

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

new legend upper

Post by plant.one »

so took the new upper out for a test drive after assembling everything yesterday. Have been chomping at the bit for 2+ weeks for the rest of these parts to arrive with the barrel on my bench giving me the stink eye.

got lucky and scope was only about 12" low and 1.5" right at my cousins 50 yd range so it took me all of 5 shots to get a 50 yd zero on paper and then moved right over to the steel plates for the rest of the box and to test the other mags out.

everything ran like a swiss watch, other than blowing a bolt out of one of the 2" "challenge" gongs i have hanging from chains there. those get a lot of abuse, especially from the 450 bushmaster because it makes people giggle watching them spin around the bar so no clue how long that bolt had been in there lol

will get to stretch it out to 100 and finish the zero next weekend and hopefully do some basic load testing with the 165 ftx handloads at sunday-gunday-funday at the other cousins.

anyway here she is

18" 350 legend, 1:16 twist, melonite, carbine gas, national match profile
4-12x40 Diamondback with Deadhold BDC
BCA side charger with melonite bolt carrier group
Guntec 15" ultralite m-lok handguard ( i really kinda like this, seems like a nice guard for the $)
cmmg set screw gas block
STDA 3 prong flash hider
UTG 2pc offset ar scope rings

ar-stoner 5rd legend mags ran flawlessly, the 20's i ordered just came off backorder today and should be here next week some time.

ya'll have seen this lower under probably a half dozen uppers already. no real changes to it, other than a new upper.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Re: new legend upper

Post by BlogSarge »

Hey plant,

Looks like the deer are in for it this year.

I’ll be curious to see the difference you find between the 50 and 100 yd zeroes. My 12.5” KAK barrel with GSL 350 Legend can shot to the same point of impact at both 50 and 100 with the Winchester 150gr Extreme Point loads.

I need one more range session to gain confidence and then I’ll be ready for deer season.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: new legend upper

Post by plant.one »

ill be curious myself.

according to strelok it should only be off by 2 or 3 clicks. not enough to matter for hunting. but i wanna get that 100 yd zero set that i'm familiar with and then worry about click up/down or using the reticle as needed.

ill try to get some chrono data just to be extra accurate with the app and go from there.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.