350 Legend

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

350 Legend

Post by cwlongshot »

Any one else shooting this one??

I bought a Ruger Bolt as soon as one was offered. Deemed it a dumpster fire Winchester created probably from a bunch of "9mm is awesome and has now equal" types. Any how I justified it in my brain as a cast bullet fun. I cast and powder coat and this along with my re loading, allows me 100% control of everything I shoot.

Its been a year plus and Im having fun with it. Now we have some purpose built bullet for re loaders too!

Im building a 50 state legal semi auto rifle. I have decided upon a Aries SCR Rifle. It uses a mil spec AR upper but with a proprietary bolt. I briefly considered the 300, but wanted more power. Considered the Hamm'r. But it would be a new caliber. Like the Grendel allot. But wasnt sure of the lilg on the SCR. I decided upon the 350. Been and still Am a huge 35 fan. I have about a dozen molds and a few good J bullets too.

I dont know AR barrels very well and would like to ask for help choosing one. My needs are light weight but not sacrificing shoot ability. I want 18". Im not particular about barrel material but stainless is purdy. Would a std contour with fluting offset any appreciable weight?? Im gonna do a adj gas block as subs are a want here. I can push a 270/280g to 1100 for 1000 fpe!! Thats no joke and VERY sought as a close range deer/hog killer. Im more thinking of the dogs ears here. MAYBE suppressed but not now. (Threading of the barrel immediately makes it leas then a 50 state gun) Before ya say just dont go there. ;) Half my family is from upstate NY and I own property there.
Anyhow. Id also like 1:14 twist. Shooting subs in my 1:16 shows a tail wag with 270+. 250's seem OK but have t been shot extensively. (I need to cast more of those) But 235's are perfect wad cutter like holes.

So help and suggestions are appreciated.

I have already fit a Remington 100 Trap stock. This gets me a higher monte carlo and some beautiful figure in the walnut.
I have a email into Boyds for ideas on a fore stock in walnut. Im thinking a delta ring style for this to work.

On that gas block. Ill probably want the hole as large as I can so I can just throttle back but have enough for the subs. (Remember I wont have the added back pressure benefit of a suppresser) I would like a large gas block to use as a stop for the front of the forent and probably incorporate a pic rail. I have two of these on other uppers but have no idea what they are called or where to find them.

Thanks guys

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: 350 Legend

Post by dellet »

cwlongshot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:12 pm Any one else shooting this one??

I bought a Ruger Bolt as soon as one was offered. Deemed it a dumpster fire Winchester created probably from a bunch of "9mm is awesome and has now equal" types. Any how I justified it in my brain as a cast bullet fun. I cast and powder coat and this along with my re loading, allows me 100% control of everything I shoot.

Its been a year plus and Im having fun with it. Now we have some purpose built bullet for re loaders too!

Im building a 50 state legal semi auto rifle. I have decided upon a Aries SCR Rifle. It uses a mil spec AR upper but with a proprietary bolt. I briefly considered the 300, but wanted more power. Considered the Hamm'r. But it would be a new caliber. Like the Grendel allot. But wasnt sure of the lilg on the SCR. I decided upon the 350. Been and still Am a huge 35 fan. I have about a dozen molds and a few good J bullets too.

I dont know AR barrels very well and would like to ask for help choosing one. My needs are light weight but not sacrificing shoot ability. I want 18". Im not particular about barrel material but stainless is purdy. Would a std contour with fluting offset any appreciable weight?? Im gonna do a adj gas block as subs are a want here. I can push a 270/280g to 1100 for 1000 fpe!! Thats no joke and VERY sought as a close range deer/hog killer. Im more thinking of the dogs ears here. MAYBE suppressed but not now. (Threading of the barrel immediately makes it leas then a 50 state gun) Before ya say just dont go there. ;) Half my family is from upstate NY and I own property there.
Anyhow. Id also like 1:14 twist. Shooting subs in my 1:16 shows a tail wag with 270+. 250's seem OK but have t been shot extensively. (I need to cast more of those) But 235's are perfect wad cutter like holes.

So help and suggestions are appreciated.

I have already fit a Remington 100 Trap stock. This gets me a higher monte carlo and some beautiful figure in the walnut.
I have a email into Boyds for ideas on a fore stock in walnut. Im thinking a delta ring style for this to work.

On that gas block. Ill probably want the hole as large as I can so I can just throttle back but have enough for the subs. (Remember I wont have the added back pressure benefit of a suppresser) I would like a large gas block to use as a stop for the front of the forent and probably incorporate a pic rail. I have two of these on other uppers but have no idea what they are called or where to find them.

Thanks guys

CW
You could always go with a 1/10 and load 300 grain bullets :mrgreen:

X caliber barrels, and they generally have a discount code on accurate shooter forum. twists offered are not always listed so it's worth a call or email for special projects.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.