350 Legend

Moderators:gds, bakerjw, renegade

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly
350 Legend

Post by cwlongshot » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:12 pm

Any one else shooting this one??

I bought a Ruger Bolt as soon as one was offered. Deemed it a dumpster fire Winchester created probably from a bunch of "9mm is awesome and has now equal" types. Any how I justified it in my brain as a cast bullet fun. I cast and powder coat and this along with my re loading, allows me 100% control of everything I shoot.

Its been a year plus and Im having fun with it. Now we have some purpose built bullet for re loaders too!

Im building a 50 state legal semi auto rifle. I have decided upon a Aries SCR Rifle. It uses a mil spec AR upper but with a proprietary bolt. I briefly considered the 300, but wanted more power. Considered the Hamm'r. But it would be a new caliber. Like the Grendel allot. But wasnt sure of the lilg on the SCR. I decided upon the 350. Been and still Am a huge 35 fan. I have about a dozen molds and a few good J bullets too.

I dont know AR barrels very well and would like to ask for help choosing one. My needs are light weight but not sacrificing shoot ability. I want 18". Im not particular about barrel material but stainless is purdy. Would a std contour with fluting offset any appreciable weight?? Im gonna do a adj gas block as subs are a want here. I can push a 270/280g to 1100 for 1000 fpe!! Thats no joke and VERY sought as a close range deer/hog killer. Im more thinking of the dogs ears here. MAYBE suppressed but not now. (Threading of the barrel immediately makes it leas then a 50 state gun) Before ya say just dont go there. ;) Half my family is from upstate NY and I own property there.
Anyhow. Id also like 1:14 twist. Shooting subs in my 1:16 shows a tail wag with 270+. 250's seem OK but have t been shot extensively. (I need to cast more of those) But 235's are perfect wad cutter like holes.

So help and suggestions are appreciated.

I have already fit a Remington 100 Trap stock. This gets me a higher monte carlo and some beautiful figure in the walnut.
I have a email into Boyds for ideas on a fore stock in walnut. Im thinking a delta ring style for this to work.

On that gas block. Ill probably want the hole as large as I can so I can just throttle back but have enough for the subs. (Remember I wont have the added back pressure benefit of a suppresser) I would like a large gas block to use as a stop for the front of the forent and probably incorporate a pic rail. I have two of these on other uppers but have no idea what they are called or where to find them.

Thanks guys

CW
RARR 300 BLK
Ares SCR 300 BLK
TROY "other" 300 BLK
DSI based build w/18” 300 BLK (Neutered fixed mag)

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS!!

BulletFlight for Android
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: 350 Legend

Post by dellet » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:21 pm

cwlongshot wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:12 pm
Any one else shooting this one??

I bought a Ruger Bolt as soon as one was offered. Deemed it a dumpster fire Winchester created probably from a bunch of "9mm is awesome and has now equal" types. Any how I justified it in my brain as a cast bullet fun. I cast and powder coat and this along with my re loading, allows me 100% control of everything I shoot.

Its been a year plus and Im having fun with it. Now we have some purpose built bullet for re loaders too!

Im building a 50 state legal semi auto rifle. I have decided upon a Aries SCR Rifle. It uses a mil spec AR upper but with a proprietary bolt. I briefly considered the 300, but wanted more power. Considered the Hamm'r. But it would be a new caliber. Like the Grendel allot. But wasnt sure of the lilg on the SCR. I decided upon the 350. Been and still Am a huge 35 fan. I have about a dozen molds and a few good J bullets too.

I dont know AR barrels very well and would like to ask for help choosing one. My needs are light weight but not sacrificing shoot ability. I want 18". Im not particular about barrel material but stainless is purdy. Would a std contour with fluting offset any appreciable weight?? Im gonna do a adj gas block as subs are a want here. I can push a 270/280g to 1100 for 1000 fpe!! Thats no joke and VERY sought as a close range deer/hog killer. Im more thinking of the dogs ears here. MAYBE suppressed but not now. (Threading of the barrel immediately makes it leas then a 50 state gun) Before ya say just dont go there. ;) Half my family is from upstate NY and I own property there.
Anyhow. Id also like 1:14 twist. Shooting subs in my 1:16 shows a tail wag with 270+. 250's seem OK but have t been shot extensively. (I need to cast more of those) But 235's are perfect wad cutter like holes.

So help and suggestions are appreciated.

I have already fit a Remington 100 Trap stock. This gets me a higher monte carlo and some beautiful figure in the walnut.
I have a email into Boyds for ideas on a fore stock in walnut. Im thinking a delta ring style for this to work.

On that gas block. Ill probably want the hole as large as I can so I can just throttle back but have enough for the subs. (Remember I wont have the added back pressure benefit of a suppresser) I would like a large gas block to use as a stop for the front of the forent and probably incorporate a pic rail. I have two of these on other uppers but have no idea what they are called or where to find them.

Thanks guys

CW
You could always go with a 1/10 and load 300 grain bullets :mrgreen:

X caliber barrels, and they generally have a discount code on accurate shooter forum. twists offered are not always listed so it's worth a call or email for special projects.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.