Choosing a barrel for my 350 Legend.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Choosing a barrel for my 350 Legend.

Post by cwlongshot »

I have a project.

Im wanting to build a 50 state legal semi auto hunting rifle. Primarily Deer, but pigs and other like sized game
Primarily inside 200yards and 75% of that inside 100.

I have decided upon a Aries SCR rifle. I have also decided upon 350 Legend. It was a hard choice between that and a Grendel. But bullet dia won out. I briefly considered the 7.62x40. But again dia won out. I have a 450, but that makes things allot heavier and another "want" is light as I can W/O going crazy. So say under 8#.

I would like 18" and lighter contours also I would also like 1:14 twist as a max. 1:12 would be better still, but probably wont need as fast as 1:10. This is partially Because I will be shooting some specialty subsonic for special applications around dogs or closer prox to people. (Minimal use) But I also like heavy for caliber cast slugs and the faster twist a d slight lower vel will be better combo for them. The Bad side here is to be truly 50 state, no threading of the bbl. Of coarse a permanently attached device is same as no thread.

I have looked at a few and find a few meeting these criteria.

Can you AR folk here suggest manufacturers for me? Also if ya would what makes the suggestion your preferd choice for me.

One quick question. I have a slick sided upper on order with Venom Defense. (Im RH and as this is hunting no need for a door. The forward assist is useless in the SCR. Its bolt is short and cannot support the ratchet lugs on the BCG.) Any experience with these folks? They dont communicate well and my order is over a month old. They say all over there site ships within 5days if in stock. Upper was 5deep when I secured my order. They dont answer phone and two emails have gone un answered. I sent another Wednesday and got a automated reply I did not see before. So possibly the emails went to stinky side of NJ.... I hot a reply ghis AM. But ZERO PERSONAL INFO. Just copy past from web site. Saying what I recited and that they dont have time for personal searches for customer orders????? Guess they dont CS much?!?! My upper was supposed to be in stock (WHY I ORDERED) I got order conformation and have not been credited the $$ taken. I know covid...I understand. But dont understand the no communications. As Im up late nearly every night answering and emailing MY CUSTOMERS. Making each and every one feel that they are my ONLY CUSTOMER. (Sorry for the rant. I tend to judge by my example and thats sometimes not fair to most)
Im essential Thru this, so I have been working while most others have not...

Thanks Guys.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Re: Choosing a barrel for my 350 Legend.

Post by BlogSarge »

Hey CW,

I just got my 350 shooting well. I did a 1.25” group (100yds w/ 4x scope) with factory Winchester 150gr Extreme Point ammo.

I have a 12.5” KAK Industries barrel and GSL Technology can. The KAK barrel is 1:16 twist, though. KAK advertises this barrel with the pistol gas system for subs, so theoretically it ‘should’ stabilize things well. I tried Maker subs and thought they might be a touch unstable. I’ll try Winchester subs when I can find some.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: Choosing a barrel for my 350 Legend.

Post by cwlongshot »

Any one know of the GLFA Barrels??

They have a 18 that everything I need but twist...

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS