Buying a gun - No CCW?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Buying a gun - No CCW?

Post by rebel »

Sh%t seems to be calming down. Have got through with no issues the past week. Of course I'm not a dopehead state, with the dickhead Governor we have though, who knows. He may pass legal dope while he tries to keep us home. SOB needs to go find a cliff.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

dellet wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:45 pm
plant.one wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:49 pm its not a perjury trap.

theres no documentation that you've been to a dispensary, unless its on the medical side where you need to have a card.

but with recreational stuff - its just walk in and hand over your cash.

so its just a *give you the finger* type sitaution from the batfe as far as i can tell
You got it backwards.

Nothing changed on the Federal level. All they did was was clarify that federal laws still apply.

Your beef should be with your state for picking and choosing which Federal laws they choose to ignore.

How do you think it would work out if the State said that it is legal for you to not pay federal income tax?

The State is the one making people choose between drugs or guns. Not the Feds or ATF.

Basically the State gave the finger to the Feds and lets the citizen take the brunt of any enforcement. It doesn't matter how you feel about what's Constitutional and what's not. If citizens were setup for any kind of legal jeopardy, it was done by the State.
i never suggested anywhere that anything federally changed - other than the BATFE deciding that CPL's were no longer valid in lieu of a NICS check.

i never said what the batfe did was unconstitutional.

marijuana has been medically legal here for a VERY long time. the BATFE didnt change the rules back then, or anytime until now. the same question has been on the 4473 for years regarding ANY use of marijuana regardless of state laws.

i dont know if the use of a CPL in lieu of NICS is standard in other states or not. and if it is - why has it been ok in other states where marijuana is legal (on the state level) until michigan's rules cropped up? there's 11 states where is legal for recreational use now.

so yes, for people who have their MI CPL and still obey federal marijuana laws - it is in fact the feds giving folks the finger by saying that a document thats been valid for over a decade now suddenly isnt.

on the whole does it matter? not really - except if the NICS system happens to go down. allowing the use of the CPL was a convenience factor. otherwise its about 20 mins extra out of your life during a transaction.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

plant.one wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:58 pm
dellet wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:45 pm
plant.one wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:49 pm its not a perjury trap.

theres no documentation that you've been to a dispensary, unless its on the medical side where you need to have a card.

but with recreational stuff - its just walk in and hand over your cash.

so its just a *give you the finger* type sitaution from the batfe as far as i can tell
You got it backwards.

Nothing changed on the Federal level. All they did was was clarify that federal laws still apply.

Your beef should be with your state for picking and choosing which Federal laws they choose to ignore.

How do you think it would work out if the State said that it is legal for you to not pay federal income tax?

The State is the one making people choose between drugs or guns. Not the Feds or ATF.

Basically the State gave the finger to the Feds and lets the citizen take the brunt of any enforcement. It doesn't matter how you feel about what's Constitutional and what's not. If citizens were setup for any kind of legal jeopardy, it was done by the State.
i never suggested anywhere that anything federally changed - other than the BATFE deciding that CPL's were no longer valid in lieu of a NICS check.

i never said what the batfe did was unconstitutional.

marijuana has been medically legal here for a VERY long time. the BATFE didnt change the rules back then, or anytime until now. the same question has been on the 4473 for years regarding ANY use of marijuana regardless of state laws.

i dont know if the use of a CPL in lieu of NICS is standard in other states or not. and if it is - why has it been ok in other states where marijuana is legal (on the state level) until michigan's rules cropped up? there's 11 states where is legal for recreational use now.

so yes, for people who have their MI CPL and still obey federal marijuana laws - it is in fact the feds giving folks the finger by saying that a document thats been valid for over a decade now suddenly isnt.

on the whole does it matter? not really - except if the NICS system happens to go down. allowing the use of the CPL was a convenience factor. otherwise its about 20 mins extra out of your life during a transaction.
Under Michigan law, the state of Michigan is required to determine if an applicant for a Michigan carry or pistol permit meets federal requirements.

Gun dealers and the state were found to be issuing permits and selling firearms to prohibited persons. For domestic violence and other crimes, as well as the question of dodging the marijuana issue.

The feds revoke the right for the state of Michigan to wave the NICS check because they are in violation of their own laws concerning how they conduct the background checks. And somehow this is the feds and ATF giving the state of Michigan the finger?

Still looks like the state is where you want to place the blame.

I don’t care for many things that the states and federal government do concerning firearms law. But if they would enforce the laws already on the books correctly, we would not need any new ones and could probably get rid of half the existing ones. The state dropped the ball, the feds called them on it and the law abiding citizens of Michigan paid the price.

Luckily so far the feds have not to my knowledge, gone after the dealers, because they saw the fault lying with state. That layer of protection of the dealers is now gone. Just one more way the state has screwed the FFL holders.

That’s why Michigan seems to be the only state this is an issue with so far.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Plant, dellet is correct. As certain places in MI have killed that convenience for you, any corrupt big city government could do that for any state. Giving mobsters and gangbangers CCW's with rap sheets a half mile long is not new, if it's widespread enough the BATFE has a job to do. In this case, rightfully so by the current laws on the books. Vote that miserable Nazi of a governor out of office and work on voting out local corruption. I know, easy to say.........but it's something that has to be done. Your state is being used as an example to the rest of us. It was actually discussed with an ATF agent during his compliance visit last summer. I hate Federal oversight, but we have to play by a rule book that is balanced within Constitutional law.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.