AR15 used in home defense.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

AR15 used in home defense.

Post by gds »

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/ ... g-his-life

I wonder how fast CNN and MSNBC will have it on their news feed.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Re: AR15 used in home defense.

Post by golfindia »

Meth/oxy deal gone wrong. All of the parties knew each other. That dude's attorneyshould tell him not to talk to the press......
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

Or anyone else. If I'm ever in that awful situation, the cops get nothing but my name until my attorney shows up, regardless of how long it takes. The cops are not there to be your friend, they're there to collect evidence and statements so the DA can build a case, and in some instances, even provide a little evidence if needed to to help things along.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Doesn't work that way...but ok.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

VENT625 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:20 am Doesn't work that way...but ok.
oh come on vent.. some people have to believe all cops are bad.

just like they think after watching the movie waiting that all cooks spit in food (or worse).

with total disregard of course for the fact that there's bad and good in all walks of life and not everything is a big conspiracy by "the man" trying to get you.

while i'm all for keeping your yap shut until a lawyer is around, its not because they're all out to get us.

i know...
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Someone kicks in your door, you shoot for fear of your life and when the cops show up, you clam up and spout "I want my lawyer". As a crime scene photographer I've seen this a lot. Either way, your ass is hauled off to the PD to answer questions. The people that go and cooperate are in and out of the interrogation room in just a few hours. The ones that clam up and demand "their lawyer" are there for 2-3 times as long. Sorry to say but" I want my lawyer" says "I have something to hide and I need to consult someone to get out of it". This is how they look at it, like it or not.

Not all cops are there to be a dick. Not all cops are there to put you away. If you cooperate with them, things go a lot smoother. Play tough guy, they'll play tough guy back, and usually win.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

VENT625 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:42 pm Someone kicks in your door, you shoot for fear of your life and when the cops show up, you clam up and spout "I want my lawyer". As a crime scene photographer I've seen this a lot. Either way, your ass is hauled off to the PD to answer questions. The people that go and cooperate are in and out of the interrogation room in just a few hours. The ones that clam up and demand "their lawyer" are there for 2-3 times as long. Sorry to say but" I want my lawyer" says "I have something to hide and I need to consult someone to get out of it". This is how they look at it, like it or not.

Not all cops are there to be a dick. Not all cops are there to put you away. If you cooperate with them, things go a lot smoother. Play tough guy, they'll play tough guy back, and usually win.
Damn, no "like " button.
That's it on the head. Cops arrive, interview and assess. In my state, as long as the offending a-hole isn't shot in the back 50 yards from the back door your more than likely good. Those guys just work for a living, they are not out to get you. I'm sure someone will find an example of cops handling this situation badly, but it is far from the norm.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.