Doctors Asking About Firearms In Home

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GreenPig

Re: Doctors Asking About Firearms In Home

Post by GreenPig »

My General (Family) doctor retired about 5 years ago. So I located another and had to fill out a New Patient Questionnaire. There it was midway down on the second page . Do you own any firearms? Surprised, Shocked, and just at a loss of how me owning or not owning guns could possibly play any role in my treatment for whatever may ail me at a general doctor. So I'm sitting there filling out paperwork in a crowded waiting room with my primary 9mm at 4:30 and my LCP Gen 2 in my back left pocket. So of course I didn't check either box, I wrote in big bold letters NOYB!!! and underlined it. I was actually there for a annual physical, so I new we would be talking about my guns at some point. So we got to the disrobe part of the visit and I ask where could lay my pistols and the doctor without even blinking just point to a counter to the left. It's not all doctors it's the AMA and they are extremely anti-gun.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Never been asked about guns by doctors.

However I had a rando dude in the checkout line at 7-11 ask me point blank if I was carrying yesterday. I returned a WTH look, he made a "gun" with his index finger and thumb and pointed it at me. I kept him in my FOV, paid for my coffee and GTF out.

I guess an OPSEC reeval is in order to deal with these types of shenanigans. The planet is pretty Fd.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

This topic reminds me of a ridiculous flirty question I would ask chicks back in the day. It is hilarious!

Question: How many kids do you got and is your man in jail? hahahhahaha

You would be surprised at the answers received.
You also be surprised at the non-answers received.
Finally, you would be extra surprised when they would get startled, confused, or even a little pissy because you apparently discovered some secret aspect of their life that you somehow knew about hahahahaha.

That ridiculous question would tell me more about a girl than could be logically conceived hahaha.

So if a doctor asks me the same firearm question I know what question I'm replying with hahahaha just gotta replace "man" with "wife/girlfriend" in some cases :mrgreen:
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

Answer: I did, but they were all lost in a tragic boating accident...
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
Br549

Post by Br549 »

I was asked by a doctor if I owned a firearm. I answer honestly "I do NOT own a gun"

But I do own several.
moto vita

Post by moto vita »

Has anyone thought to ask why they're being asked?
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

Dr.: Do you keep firearms at home?
Me: How much liquor do you keep at home?
Dr.: That isn't relevant to your exam.
Me: Neither was your question.
Conversation Over..
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

the last time I went to my Doctor she showed me pictures of her and her husband's latest AR 15s.
peace through superior firepower
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

It’s relevant for suicidal patients. Otherwise not relevant. The AMA favors strict gun limits and they weaseled that question in as standard of care. I was asked this a year or so ago at pediatrics office when I took my youngest in. I decline to answer. My wife probably tells them if she takes a kid in.
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.
md66948

Post by md66948 »

Every time I was asked that question either Face to Face or in a Questionnaire I always said "None of Your F#@king Business". I didn't care if it was a male or female asking me that question, I would look them right in the eye and tell them that.